Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should post in skidoo section, but it seemed quiet in there. I found a 2015 iron dog 800 with 2300 miles for 7500 dollars. Any comments or opinions? It’s a short track , 128. How much difference is this from an xrs with a 137? Any information is appreciated
E197AD3A-6E6A-4595-AF16-BE377925D736.jpeg

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They came in 600 and 800’s. The sled is not in NY. Just wondering if I should hold out and spend more on a Gen 4. I’ve been on an F7 for 16 years, so pretty much anything is going to be better. The iron dog is a cool sled

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I prefer the ride of my XS over the G4. My 2015 was an XRS 800 120". It was a blast on trails and ditches. The G4 wasn't as playful.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I don't think the Iron Dogs came with electric start, if that is important to you.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t have either reverse or electric start on the F7. Lol. This sled has both. Comes with 2 tracks, ice ripper and a studded track Just not sure if I should save my pennies and get a Gen 4 Or go with this one. Never been on a new skidoo.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I owned one back in 2015 and it was an awesome sled way more capable then I was. Not matter the trail conditions that sled rocked. A true collectors item very limited build with a lot of improvements over regular sleds.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Don’t have either reverse or electric start on the F7. Lol. This sled has both. Comes with 2 tracks, ice ripper and a studded track Just not sure if I should save my pennies and get a Gen 4 Or go with this one. Never been on a new skidoo.
I own (3) 2017 sleds......I would only buy G4’s going forward. I personally don’t like the ride of our XS models when the trails get bad yet I’ve ridden a G4 a couple of times and they just seem to eat the bumps better....

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff
Tell me more about your 15. What is the difference between the iron dog and the xrs

enduro
Why is the Gen 4 better? I wish I could ride before buying, but that’s not going to happen

rough trails don’t bother me, I’ve been hammering the Firecat for years. There can’t be that many sleds out there that ride as bad as that sled. I always laugh when guys complain about inside ski lift

I found a skidoo fuel tank on the side of the highway, had to fall off while being trailered. Anyways I stuck it on the F7, and it’s going on whichever Skidoo
8379C651-DF8B-4BF7-8B37-4F696C556246.jpeg

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Jeff
Tell me more about your 15. What is the difference between the iron dog and the xrs

enduro
Why is the Gen 4 better? I wish I could ride before buying, but that’s not going to happen

rough trails don’t bother me, I’ve been hammering the Firecat for years. There can’t be that many sleds out there that ride as bad as that sled. I always laugh when guys complain about inside ski lift

I found a skidoo fuel tank on the side of the highway, had to fall off while being trailered. Anyways I stuck it on the F7, and it’s going on whichever Skidoo View attachment 2118427

I do not know specifically why the G4’s ride better....maybe the more forward and upright seating?

We rented (2) G4’s (600 sport efi). They had the SC/old rear (skidoo entry level units run the old skid)....my XS all have rMotion....and the G4’s rode way better. I even have updated one of my sleds with a Elka stage 4 rear.....still the g4 rentals were better eating the bumps....

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
The iron dog was pretty much a 128 xrs. It was the first time doo offered the 128 inch length. They also had a little bit hotter programming in the Iron dog editions. Everyone that had one reported them being real strong runners compared to the 2014 production units that were out When that early build iron dog cane out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts