Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my first ride impressions.

I've done about 85 miles low snow no trails at all just the river and a lilttle ditch banging.

I'll start by saying that I was pleasantly suprised at the power of this engine. It has real good pull revs up quickly and is suprisingly quick. The max speed attained was 94 but that wasn't even letting it really stretch out so there is more there I didn't want to hold it yet :) I was suprised it read 94 when I got off.

I can't imagine how fast the Dragon is gonna be that will be one sweet motor. It's been a year since my F7 so it's hard to tell how much faster that was but the IQ 6 didn't feel realy slower (though it must be ?) I am really curious to run it against my wife 05 xc 6 and my buddies 700 fuse.

Suspension and ride is great the front is nice and light and the steering isn't heavy or too light. I was constantly looking for little lips to whellstand off of and the front easily goes up there and comes down nice and soft. I may need to stiffen the back but I have not cranked it down and did bottom it a couple times. It is "Tippy" in comparison to the gen II I rode last season and reminds me of my f7 in that way but it seems much better turner but it just reminds me of the ol Cat after a year on my 99 xc. I love the seating position the transition from sitting to standing is great and being able to get your feet under you or stretch out is nice.

It is a much smoother runner less vibration and rattles etc then my F7 was and seems to be much better put together. My F7 never was great ride on the rivers / real hard pack and had lots of vibration I don't know if it was that 1 3/8 track but I never liked that caracteristic of that sled.

One thing I noticed pronto was the narrow running boards they really should be wider. Of course that's only a couple hours and still in break in. I can't wait for some more snow to get in some real hard trail miles.

But after worring about if I did the right thing going down to 600 and not going up to 800... you bet I did so far I love this sled :div20: Time to put in a couple more hours this weekend even though these little stretches of river riding and short ditch runs is gonna get boring :sleep3: there realy isn't enough snow :(

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sounds great, I just bought one myself and haven't had any snow to ride it yet and it's making me nuts. Oh well at least it's given me time to customize it a little bit I guess.

Heres a pic of mine

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey WaveRaven...
I'm from Steinbach area...same sled for me ... with Fox shocks & 1 1/4 ripsaw... 221 miles...
I rode from Seddons corner to Lac du Bonnet to nopoming back to seven sister & back through to Seddon's yesterday...
Some deccent spots... mostly pounded to sh-t... one Area to AVOID... coming in from Lac to Seven sister... the last 2 km & crossing the dam
has next to no snow... I think I kissed away $50 of carbides(duallies)

Any ways ... I sure put those Fox shocks to the test... Excelllent ride & handling... finnished my break-in... saw 100MPH on speedo
but not sure how accurate that was...
Buddy on 2006 800 Rev says his read 104...
Fuel mileage seems decent... on one fill stop I put in 23 liters - Rev 27 liters
did my suspension tuning... mostly set now how I like it...
I's a big boy - no need for stiffer springs with these shocks!
Riding is not the best but I just couldn't wait a minute longer...
Snow tomorrow 5-10 cm... I can feel a woody comin on!

Overall very happy... great day & can only get better with more snow! :beerchug:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
not much of a ride report here but this morning i went for a rip in the field on about an inch of snow and the 600cfi motor seems very strong and the throttle response is instant.I have a feeling I am going to like this sled.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well, we finally got enough snow to ride on...at least 5 inches or so. I was able to get about 20 miles or so on my new 600 CFI. The throllte response in instantanious...really takes of and can lift the skies even at 30-40 mph. One thing I did notice was a slight hesitation when you hit the throttle. Most of the time it did not hesitaate but it did a few times. I am still running the premix, would that be the problem? Did not "try" to get it happen so I don't know if it was happening if I was on the throttle and canned it or if I had backed of and then canned it. I can't wait to get more snow and hit the trails.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
As I sit waiting for snow I can only hope this cfi runs as good as it seems to.Today at lunch I was talking to a friend about sledding he mentioned a couple friends that were riding last weekend on 2 new poos.A 600 cfi and a dragon 121 and out of the box the 600 was ruinning as fast or faster . I read a post from polaris kid claiming he was beating a dragon with his cfi and many people didnt seem to believe him.My buddy said that the dragon owner was going to do some tweaking and felt confident that he could whip him next time but out of the box the 600 ran every bit as good. Sounds like good news to me.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I didnt use the term whipping.I assumed you owned a Dragon after reading your responce and am only reporting what ive heard in some instances. I dont find it hard to believe cause under certain conditions my old rev had beat several bigger sleds.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would not be suprised at all the the 600 CFI got the Dragon when they are stone stock. The 600 will put its power down much more effectively than a Dragon, when they are both stock. I'd be willing to bet that in a straight line without studs, a Dragon 121" just lights the track up. I haven't ridden either sled as a 121", I've been on both RMKs however. I know the Dragon motor is super responsive with a lot of bottom end snap.

After you stud 'em up for the trails, the Dragon will eat a 600cfi for lunch.

·
Registered
646 Posts
MAN THANKS FOR THE BACK UP.. dhead4992 and eastrech. The dragon does spin the 1 1/4 very easy. We are also both stock sleds no changes from the get go. Got lots of shots for sayin a 700 140hp sled was slow for only doing 92 off the get go. when my 600cfi was going by it. it is really close now that we have they same kinda miles. Was riding with him tonight and beat him and it is only -4c. I was getting 98 for top and the 700 was around 96. He was going to gear up but is going to wait till we get 500 miles on the sleds. Both sleds are sweet ass sleds. But i like my 600 better.. The seat on the dragon sucks and same with the small tank..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts