Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went for my first decent ride on my new Shift. The sled is fantastic! I'm coming from an '04 MXZ600HOsdi Adrenaline. I gotta say I really love the IQ chassis so far. It just does everything well. The motor cranks too! The first change will be the track. It is easily overpowered and spins at just about any speed, and doesn't stop well either. Not sure what I'll put on yet. Had an 1-1/4" Iceripper on my Rev and liked it a lot. May go with one of those...

I ride aggressively on some pretty bumpy trails. I was impressed with the suspension's performance despite having 'budget' shocks. I will want to upgrade them soon. What options are available? Are there components from other models I can grab from a wrecked sled? Will ProX parts fit? Thanx in advance for your info...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would be interested in this as well. I've already broke my left one right at the base. Cost me $320 Can for my dealer to rip one off of a showroom sled and express ship it to me. I know it's a ripoff but I had a big ride coming up. I had a set of new Walker Evans for $500 from a 600RR but Polaris couldn't give me a definitive answer on if they would fit. 11.5" travel compared to 10" on the Shift. Enjoy your sled.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I would be interested in this as well. I've already broke my left one right at the base. Cost me $320 Can for my dealer to rip one off of a showroom sled and express ship it to me. I know it's a ripoff but I had a big ride coming up. I had a set of new Walker Evans for $500 from a 600RR but Polaris couldn't give me a definitive answer on if they would fit. 11.5" travel compared to 10" on the Shift. Enjoy your sled.[/b]
yes one from a iqr will fit only a .25 difference in the two you will gain .25 shock travel so it sits just a tad higher. in the rear though they are different from a prox or and iqr. you can convert them to fit but it take no how. ive done two sets and so far they work well. if you can find some take off from a 07 600 the stadard 9200 ryde fx shock they will be your best bet

·
Registered
258 Posts
ProX front shocks bolt right in. The ones on the dragon do not use the 90 degree fitting on the resi hose but other than that they are interchangable. The front track shock from the ProX will also work but the 22" hose is about 14" too long. If you want to mount the resi on the front arm you need should run a shorter hose. The clamps that mount to the slide rail are used to mount to the front arm. As for the rear shock, the ProX will not work. It may bolt up but the body/shaft deminsions are different.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes one from a iqr will fit only a .25 difference in the two you will gain .25 shock travel so it sits just a tad higher. in the rear though they are different from a prox or and iqr. you can convert them to fit but it take no how. ive done two sets and so far they work well. if you can find some take off from a 07 600 the stadard 9200 ryde fx shock they will be your best bet[/b]
They do not list an application for any 9200 series shock for the IQ chassis on the Ryde FX website...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ProX front shocks bolt right in. The ones on the dragon do not use the 90 degree fitting on the resi hose but other than that they are interchangable. The front track shock from the ProX will also work but the 22" hose is about 14" too long. If you want to mount the resi on the front arm you need should run a shorter hose. The clamps that mount to the slide rail are used to mount to the front arm. As for the rear shock, the ProX will not work. It may bolt up but the body/shaft deminsions are different.[/b]
RZV, any particular model/year ProX? Any suggestions for the rear?

·
Registered
258 Posts
RZV, any particular model/year ProX? Any suggestions for the rear?[/b]
All ProX from 2002 and newer. They were available with either Ryde FX or Walker Evans shocks. I picked up a new take-off from a 900 Fusion with the W/E shock package but you may be able to pick one up from Walker Evans Racing. They can also take the ProX rear and convert it to work on the consumer IQ. They can re-use the remote and eyelets but the body and shaft have to be swapped out.

·
Registered
362 Posts
not shure, just throwin this out there but i have front shocks with springs off an 06 fusion 600 that i am willing to part with.also have a complete rear skid minus the bogeys. not shure if i want to part it out for the shocks though. looking for 350$ for both fronts and 500$ for rear skid.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
You could consider Fox Floats too. Ive seen Floats go pretty cheap on Ebay.
Im not sure if Id go with Walker Evans shocks. A lot of people on here seem to be very unhappy with them.
Honestly though, unless you can feel the Nitrex shocks fading, I wouldnt even spend the money to upgrade. If you cant make the cheapie Nitrex shocks fade, you arent going to see any benefit from upgrading your shocks.
Ive had a couple sleds with Nitrex shocks on them and I ride some of the roughest trails you are going to find (St Germain, Eagle River, Minocqua) and I never sensed them fading on me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts