Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks for the info.

In the .pdf it says it is to prevent flexing, wouldn't that only happen when the sled is being ridden. The reason I ask is because this morning I started my IQ 600 up to understand how to work the gauges and I noticed that there was a small puddle of oil directly under the chaincase after the thing had been idling for a minute or 2. It still has 0 miles so I'm wondering if this could be the cause even though the entire machine wasn't under any kind of load at all. Any chance it was just overfilled at the dealer/factory?

·
Registered
653 Posts
could be oil from exhaust, if you have premix in tank[/b]
Yeah I'd like to think that and am hoping maybe it is but I could see it dripping from the belly pan directly below the chaincase. Seems strange were it was coming from

·
Registered
163 Posts
what do you guys think -

my sisters 06 600 fusion either leaked out all the chaincase oil or it was just very low in oil from the dealer. after a couple hundred miles the gears were grinding on the chain, everything overheated and had to replace the gears and chain. Dealer in town where we rode said there was no evidence of a crack or anything, could this have been the problem and do you think Poo will warranty this bracket for extra support, even though all is good now?

·
Registered
847 Posts
what do you guys think -

my sisters 06 600 fusion either leaked out all the chaincase oil or it was just very low in oil from the dealer. after a couple hundred miles the gears were grinding on the chain, everything overheated and had to replace the gears and chain. Dealer in town where we rode said there was no evidence of a crack or anything, could this have been the problem and do you think Poo will warranty this bracket for extra support, even though all is good now?[/b]
If the dealer has record of the repair or inspection they should be able to do something for you.

·
Registered
847 Posts
According to the bulletin, it is only a service fix meaning they will warranty the repair and installation of the plate if there is a leak. As with any warranty, if it leaks as a result of damage from hitting something or incorrectly lifting the sled (outside influence) it most likely would not be covered.
Its customer pay just to install the plate as extra protection against outside influence (for now).

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I will not pay out of my pocket $22.00 for a small $1.00 stiffener to correct Poo’s cheap plastic chain case cover that can warp when over heated by the hot exhaust system that is only .25“ away!!! Last yesr my Poo dealer had three 600cc Poo HO’s (also many 900 RMK Fusions) that had leaking warped chain cases covers.

On the positive note the cheap plastic chain case cover is covered with a heat reflective tape. With the labor cost to install the heat reflective tape it would be cheaper to die cast an aluminum cover!!! But then there is tooling cost, does Poo want to keep their customers that have not jumped ship yet??????

If my cheap plastic chain case cover warps & leaks out oil, Poo can replace the sprockets, chain, bearings & etc some time in the four year warranty!!!!!!

On my $10,000 Dragon Poo installed very very cheap 3” single carbide runners that make the sled extremely darty. My wife would not drive my very darty 07 Dragon for more then 5 minutes. Today I installed a $90 set of Woody’s flat top 4” Dooly carbide runners that I had purchased last year for the wife’s 2002 Poo Dog Lemon 600cc XC. I now like my gas hog Dragon almost as much as my wife’s great running 07 600 SDI Ski-Doo??????

The wife’s fast, excellent running $7900 07 Ski-Doo 600 SDI electric start Renegade came standard with double 4” carbides, NOT DARTY!!!!!!

My dealer poured in one or two quarts of oil in my 07 Dragon 700’s fuel tank, 6 spark plugs in 26 miles & 7 miles per gallon, yes I ran it hard 80 MPH. If my bogging Dragon does not improve, next year I will have a 07 or 08 Ski-Doo Renegade just like my wife‘s?????? Good luck Dragon guys; Rich

·
Registered
100 Posts
My dealer poured in one or two quarts of oil in my 07 Dragon 700’s fuel tank, 6 spark plugs in 26 miles & 7 miles per gallon, yes I ran it hard 80 MPH. If my bogging Dragon does not improve, next year I will have a 07 or 08 Ski-Doo Renegade just like my wife‘s?????? Good luck Dragon guys; Rich[/b]
I only got about 9 mpg out of my 1st tank also but improved to just over 11mpg on the 2nd and over 12mpg on the 3rd, i'm hoping it continues to improve. Ran it harder on the last 2 tanks but didn't take it over 90 or leave it pinned for any length of time though. Haven't fouled a plug yet or had any bogging issues. If your dealer put in 2 quarts of oil thats seems like to much to me, I only put in 1.5 pints which wouldn't even be 1 quart.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The owners manual and gas tank tag call for 2-pints in the first full tank.....1 quart. Your dealer screwed up there.

I agree with the 3" carbide gripe. Seems like more is needed. The skis are compatible with Polaris dual runners if you want to eliminate darting.

The bog issue is written about in another thread on this site and a pretty simple fix. A bulletin is in the works they say.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Here are pics of the support installed

[attachment=280696:0106071706a.jpg][attachment=280697:0106071706b.jpg]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts