Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the red idiot light indicates?

During the night portion of the ride, I saw a red light go on during high-speed runs. It would stay on for a few seconds and then go off. There seemed to be no pattern to it (no flashing either). It would only go ON during high speed and power situations. During idle, slow, and medium speeds the light would stay off. The sled ran fine, so I was not too worried about it. Oil looks fine. The sled was running cool so it don’t think it’s temp. I don’t even know where on the dash the light was coming from since it only came on during high speed and power situations. At a minimum, I will top of the oil, could be the low oil indicator, but I don’t know what color that light is. Guess I could pump out some out top figure that out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Check with the dealer because there is a oil sending unit recall on the f-5s. Not sure if the recall is for the f7s. My dealer said he would change it at the 200 mile service. Must not be a big deal

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer thought the oil light was yellow. There is a 'battery light' which course our sleds don't have. Maybe that is it because it looked rid to him. He will ask around.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been using the greeteam handle for years and all past sleds were green. AC gave an option for a change so I thought I'd take it...should I be 'redteam'?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts