Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went out side to replace my choke cable(suspect for hard starting issue) and found one intake boot between carb and head ripped, and it looked old! is this common? the rubber seemed corroded...

01 mxz800
they are $134 from dealer is there an aftermarket set available? Im new to the skidoo brand.. thanks..

heres a pic for fun..

·
Registered
378 Posts
are you talking about the boot that is attached to the reeds?...if so that same thing happened to my buddy..and he got the same prices you did..so he just ordered new vforce 3 reeds and the place he bought them includes the boots with them for $250 ...usually you cant even get the reeds alone for that...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I Have a 02 MXZ 600 and a 03 MXZ500, the 03 still under warranty. This problem has occurred on both of these sleds. The 03 will have them replaced. The Ski Doo mechanic recommended changing to the V force reeds so this does not happen again ( better rubber compound). If you buy the ski Doo fix it will fail again , the rubber compound is no good. I believe all Ski Doo owners should check these out regularly. Hope this helps. :motoneige:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the samething happen with my 01 MXZX 800. I went to islandracingvt.com and got them for 250.00, reeds,boots and gaskets included.

I hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts