Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked with my agent at Farm Bureau and he said no longer does it matter what CC the engine is but rather they go off of the classification. Therefore, my F5 is a high perf. sled and they won't write a policy! If I had a ZL 800 they would though! Pretty stupid if you ask me. Now the big question--- CAN ANYONE OFFER SOME INFO AS TO WHO CAN WRITE A POLICY FOR MY F5 AT A GOOD RATE? I WOULD LIKE TO GET A POLICY WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE MY AUTO INSURANCE CHANGED. I LIVE 30 MILES SOUTH OF DETROIT MI. ALL INFO WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

IF NEEDED, PLEASE PM ME ANY RELATED INFO.

68 MILES ON THE F5 SNO PRO AND SO FAR I'M ALL

·
Registered
18 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and have my F7 on my homeowners policy with Cincinnati Casualty Company. They have excellent rates on snowmobiles (in comparison to some of my buds with other co's.).

Only downfall might be that you would either need a homeowners or renters policy to support the snowmobile.

I would be surprised if they don't write in your state as well... check your local agents!

Otherwise, you may want to check into Progressive Insurance; they may write it as a stand alone, but I am not sure about their rates.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by Gunner F5@Dec 6 2002, 03:45 PM
I just checked with my agent at Farm Bureau and he said no longer does it matter what CC the engine is but rather they go off of the classification. Therefore, my F5 is a high perf. sled and they won't write a policy! If I had a ZL 800 they would though! Pretty stupid if you ask me. Now the big question--- CAN ANYONE OFFER SOME INFO AS TO WHO CAN WRITE A POLICY FOR MY F5 AT A GOOD RATE? I WOULD LIKE TO GET A POLICY WITHOUT HAVING TO HAVE MY AUTO INSURANCE CHANGED. I LIVE 30 MILES SOUTH OF DETROIT MI. ALL INFO WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

IF NEEDED, PLEASE PM ME ANY RELATED INFO.

68 MILES ON THE F5 SNO PRO AND SO FAR I'M ALL
Two Straws.

Farm B. wrote the policies for our F7s - sno pros. cant see how being in Idaho woudl be different. Check with another agent for Farm B., the current agent might be feeding you a line of bull

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am in Minn and went with Auto Owners. Premium is competitive on my F7, plus you can cancel liability off season and save some cash

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Gunner
I had the same problem with allstate..... they droped the policy on my skidoo 670 also. I ended up getting insurance witha local dealer in Old Forge. It cost me 1040.00 for the season(F7 & 670 skippy doo). I will be getting rid of the skidoo after this season, too much money to have a backup sled.I just felt this year I might need a second machine.
Rick

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Man o Man, you guys seem to be getting reemed! I only pay $310 for full coverage on my F7 and 2002 trailer! $500 deduct and I am 24 years old! Find a new insurance company!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah you guys are getting worked.

I'm 27 years old with a new F5 and pay $230 a year through Allstate (allthough they won't insure you unless you have another policy with them.)

My policy has a $100 deductable and covers me for $50,000 bodily injury and $20,000 in property damage.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Try Liberty mutual i paid 237.00 full coverage 200.00 deductible

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Sounds like the insurance woos which hit Ontario in November are making there way across the border. It's killing big sled sales here.
FYI, here some companies will simply not deal in sled insurance any longer period, others use a maximum 699cc cut-off and insure nothing greater while others seem to favour the sport sled criteria and will insure a ZL800 but not a ZR800 and no F sleds, XC's, RX-1's etc.
A friends 70 year old father who has several cars, a home and to 500cc sleds was denied coverage for a Pantera 800 he planned to buy...70 years old, a 2-up touring sled!
Apparently Ontario Trail permit sales are exceptionally low this year. I have to believe it's due to riders deciding to secure insurance before investing in a permit. It's illegal to ride here without at least $200,000.00 worth of liability insurance.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the replies but it would help to know where you live when you list your insurance carrier and if you could list the phone # if it's not a widely know company, thanks I live 30 miles south of detroit and I'm being told it's due to that fact. Also, Farm Bureau showed me a list of sleds they can write policies on and ALL performance sleds are listed as CANNOT WRITE POLICY regardless of the CC's.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I was surprised to get my F7 insured without question or high rates. And that was with my last sled getting stolen. I pay $328/year for my F7, which is only about $7 more per month than my ZR500. I get my insurance through Nationwide (Michigan).

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by arctic625@Dec 12 2002, 09:49 AM
I was surprised to get my F7 insured without question or high rates. And that was with my last sled getting stolen. I pay $328/year for my F7, which is only about $7 more per month than my ZR500. I get my insurance through Nationwide (Michigan).
Without being too specific, where at in Mi. do you live??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts