Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a discussion a while back on insurance rates everyone was paying. I can't seem to find it, and the old forum has the search capabilities turned off. Can anybody help me find the link or maybe post what they are paying for insurance for their new F7's.

I just got a quote from American Family Insurance of $239 per year. and a few others that specialized in insuring sleds one @ $328 / Yr. and another at $365 / Yr. Is $239 a good rate (btw my wife got the quote and didn't know if it was a snopro or not and said no, so it may be a bit higher in price on the American Family Ins quote). BTW I live in Minnesota, since this may effect the Insurance rate as well.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Mine was $310 for sled and trailer. $500 deductable and I am 24 years old. Hope that helps!

Farmers Insurance

·
Registered
50 Posts
I pay $ 182.00 a year for full coverage on my F7 Snopro through Farm Bureau Insurance, with a $250.00 deductable.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
For some reason I'm taking it up the @ss! on insurance! My F7 costs me more than my ZR 600 and Zr 500 combined!! I'm starting to think that I am carrying more coverage than I need to.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mine is with Foremost Ins. $328 a year, 500 deductible, coveraged @ $8000. State farm was the cheapest @ 245 a year but they wanted my house and cars.:(
brad

·
Administrator
20,826 Posts
Brad,

I'm in MN too. I have all my insurance thru State Fraud (oops, I mean State Farm), and it cost me $336 for the year on my F7. That's with a $100 deductible .... yes, you read that right ... $100 deductible. So I'm paying under $30/month.

I don't think there's going to be any difference between a SnoPro and a standard when it comes to insuring the sled. It's all based on the CC's, isn't it?

Chris

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
for my f-5 sno-pro i pay 220 a year for full coverage with a 200 deductable. i also have more than the minimum omounts on everything and also have the lost property suppliment as well. it will cover stuff like my helmet ,gps , ect ect ect............

·
Registered
142 Posts
JOHNRP-f7Farm Bureau Insurance for 182 per year...Your agent must have done something wrong.I have had FB Insurance for the last 16 years .This was the first year that I had a sled over 600cc and they do not insure anything 700cc and over ? Explain ????????

·
Registered
50 Posts
BY AC

Well I don't know what to say except that i'm looking at my two policys for my F7 Patroit and her F7 Sabercat and the both policys say 700cc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
LabonteF7, state Farm is one of the few that bases the rate on the value of the sled not the CC's, They gave me a good rate, but doubled my car ins and homeowners. My current ins co. wanted $500 a year, because the sled was over 600cc. I did get them to lower the premium on my Zl. I had that insured for $6500 and never changed it. I saved over $80 by changing it to the current market value. SOmething my ins agent never felt the need to tell me, I did the same for the boat, When I asked them if they were going to give me $6500 for my Zl if it was stolen she said nooo, I guess my agent wasn't working for me to save me money. HA HA..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I pay $135.00 with Liberty Mutual with a $100 deductible.....but they also have my house and my cars.....great insurance they cover any sled i ride...including rentals if i have a breakdown, which i won't have with my brand new F7 (helps to be optimistic!!!)

·
Registered
696 Posts
CatMan2:
I have a friend who never carried insurance until he "met" another sled on a blind corner. For whatever reason, the DNR cop found him at fault in the ordeal, and wound up paying for 2 f**ked up sleds and 2 hospital bills out of his pocket. He is still recovering from the $$$$ hit that he took. Anyway, it's a free country, but I'd get at least liability insurance. Even if you're a good rider, the other guy might not be. Sleds and hospital bills aren't cheap!':('

·
Registered
51 Posts
In central NY I pay 107.00 for my f7 snopro and 107.00 for my wifes 03 zl600 ss efi = $214.00 per year with 250 deduct.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by LabonteF7@Dec 5 2002, 10:34 AM
Brad,

I'm in MN too. I have all my insurance thru State Fraud (oops, I mean State Farm), and it cost me $336 for the year on my F7. That's with a $100 deductible .... yes, you read that right ... $100 deductible. So I'm paying under $30/month.

I don't think there's going to be any difference between a SnoPro and a standard when it comes to insuring the sled. It's all based on the CC's, isn't it?

Chris
In my case it did make a difference on the Snow Pro vs. Standard, but not much. $239 vs. $252. So American Family must take some other things into consideration besides just the cc's.

BTW that is $500 Deductible

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Originally posted by Wicked King@Dec 5 2002, 01:29 PM
CatMan2:
I have a friend who never carried insurance until he "met" another sled on a blind corner. For whatever reason, the DNR cop found him at fault in the ordeal, and wound up paying for 2 f**ked up sleds and 2 hospital bills out of his pocket. He is still recovering from the $$$$ hit that he took. Anyway, it's a free country, but I'd get at least liability insurance. Even if you're a good rider, the other guy might not be. Sleds and hospital bills aren't cheap!':('
I Have 2 million dollars of liability ins. that I have to buy for My business. I pay cash for My sleds. I am not required by law to have them insured. I have 4 sleds, I have been riding for 30 years, I have probably saved enough to buy a used sled to replace one if I had to. Insurance companies are gambling that they can get more out of You than they pay You! And they usually win. So you see I am really self insured . My 2 boys who ride know if they wreck there sled they are done for the year. Why do You think Ins. is such a profitable business? My way is not for everybody but works real well for Me. And I am sure not going to buy it just to help lower everybody elses rates!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts