Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I cant believe this but my insurance company just dumped my policy on the Firecat,they wont even carry it because of its displacement and performance,when I got the insurance they hadnt classified it, it was insured for $8000.I was paying $260.00 a year now Im looking at over $600.00 ,So who carries the cheapest insurance lets hear them!!! Thanks inadvance.JOHN

·
Registered
129 Posts
Who was your insurance carrier?
We have Nationwide- very reasonable. $327 for 3 sleds- full coverage for an entire year. Sleds insured were 03 F7, 02 ZL SS 600, and an 02 ZR 600 CC. The only catch with Nationwide is that you need to have a car insured with them. I find their service excellent!

·
Registered
899 Posts
liberty mutual group about 200.00 for the f7 with 200 deduct. full coverage. i have all my insurance with them so that may or may not make a difference

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I have Farm Bureau and they want $450.00 per year for my F5 SP. One thing I've found in checking around for cheaper rates, there isn't one insurance company that will write a policy on a sled if you don't carry auto or home with them. When I have them quote my auto policy, all of them come in about $500.00 higher than what I'm paying now.

Most will give me a better rate for the sleds, but a higher rate for my autos and home. I'm married, 36 yrs old and have zero points.

I live 30 miles south of Detroit and most agents say that's why I have to pay more but in reality, I ride my sled on the same FU%$%N trails as, say someone from Indiana who pays about HALF as much as I do.

I won't go on about this because it's been discussed before and I'm sure someone will say, "don't insure toys".

I for one don't want someone else to total my sled and then I'm left with nothing.

Man, I'm starting to get PI$$$ED off again, gotta go. :eek: :huh: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Try liberty mutual. They have both my F250 and F7...I am 25 zero pts and am paying $171 a year for max coverage and $250 deductable. Cant beat that

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
heres another vote for liberty mutual ...paying $130.00 for a F7 snopro with a $100 deduc

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I have State Farm as well! I am paying like $320 for my sled and 2 place flatbed tilt trailer. I am also 25, but have nothing on my record. What ever you decide, do go will Progressive! They blow! I would just call around till you are blue in the face.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by green team7@Jan 14 2003, 12:17 PM
Try liberty mutual. They have both my F250 and F7...I am 25 zero pts and am paying $171 a year for max coverage and $250 deductable. Cant beat that
I ran into a Liberty Mutual agent at the Supersnowcross event and he said he could give me a great rate but I had to have an auto policy with them.

He quoted me $1400.00 year for 2002 Z71 ! I said hold it right there, I'm only paying $900.00 year thru Farm Bureau! ;) He then said and I quote "but I can insure your sleds for $250.00 cheaper"

Let me see if I can do the math:

$1400.00
--------------------
$500.00 More for the Z71
-250.00 less for the sleds
----------------------------
$250.00 more $$$ payed for total insured items!

Yea, great rate my man ;) ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same as you gunner liberty mutal will cost me $500 dollars more on my truck per year.But it would only cost 160.00 for the sled

·
Registered
485 Posts
:angry: :angry: :angry: Ha HA HA HA HA, Sorry folks I've had two vehicles with LIBERTY MUTUAL for 5 years now, and when i checked out how good the sled rate was i moved the f7 there also. All was fine until today when i opened the mail ,and , you guessed it.........CANCELLED POLICY!!!!! The reason? I will quote from the letter" we sometimes find it neccesary to discontinue some individual policies", and goes on to say, "this action was taken for the following reason, Vehicle is other than a passenger automobile" :angry: :angry: Does this mean that they will cancel my pickup truck too? And what kind of reason is this anyhow. I live in Ontario and would like to thank the insurance industry for screwing this sport royally in Ontario.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Insurence is a hard point with me as well. My auto insurence is through Allstate....however, they WILL NOT insure ANY sled over 600cc, and won't insure 600 triples. So I've been forced to find a agent that will write snowmobile insurence......cheapest I found was $800/yr. Allstate gives me great rates on truck insurence......I'm 23....but this spring I'll be shopping around for a better deal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, I guess I'm getting hosed because I'm paying $700 per year for my F7 :angry: . I'm insured through The Marine & Safety Foundation in Canada. My insurance agent said it was a little high because of my age (23) and the power of the sled. I was kinda surprised because I have a perfect driving record (step 9). Oh well, I guess it's worth it (as long as it snows this winter !).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by BIGDOG@Jan 14 2003, 11:26 AM
liberty mutual group about 200.00 for the f7 with 200 deduct. full coverage. i have all my insurance with them so that may or may not make a difference
I have Liberty Mutual as well. I pay about $200 a year for my F7, as well as about $200 a year for my wife's 2003 Zl 600 SS. I have a $100 deductible on those as well. They solely base their prices on CC's and $ value you give them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I pay $680 per year through State Farm In Canada...Liberty Mutual would not even consider...Nor would the comany I ensure my $68,000.00 auto...Something needs to change in Canada...for those of you who have not make sure you sign this petition to the government of Canada other wise our sport will become extict in the coming years...

www.petitiononline.com/snowins/petition.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts