Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wondering if insurance and registration is still optional "not mandatory"??
thanks[/b]

For BC, insurance is optional but registration is required. Registration is done down at ICBC and is a one time fee of about $15.

They keep messing with how atv's and snowmobiles are registered and are getting a bit anal about paperwork.

I was told by a dealer in Kelowna that if the cops stop you at a road check and your sled is not registered they can confiscate it till you can prove it's yours and have registered it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was told when I bought my sled by my dealer that registering it was optional still, although like the previous poster said, if the cops check it, and see its not registered, you will have to prove you own it, but I think you can also keep a bill of sale with you and that should also do the trick.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was told when I bought my sled by my dealer that registering it was optional still, although like the previous poster said, if the cops check it, and see its not registered, you will have to prove you own it, but I think you can also keep a bill of sale with you and that should also do the trick.[/b]

I was just at ICBC and the RCMP. They definately have to be registered now. In fact they require a theft check before they will register it. Bloody pain in the butt. I was told that they are getting very strict now on ATV's and Snowmobiles. Especially as of the last 6 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my sleds have been registered in alberta! but the registration has since lapsed how would i go about this as when you have 5 machines insurance and reg gets pretty darn expensive, so with the lapsed reg would that still work as proof of ownership???

·
Registered
12 Posts
my sleds have been registered in alberta! but the registration has since lapsed how would i go about this as when you have 5 machines insurance and reg gets pretty darn expensive, so with the lapsed reg would that still work as proof of ownership???[/b]

Welcome to 'The comunist coloney of BC' or BRING CASH as its also known..........................if you think your reg problems are bad you aint seen nothing yet.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
How about this in good ole N.S.
Two machines, 380 insurance, 112 registration, 200 trail passes.
$692.00 before I even get out of the #$$%ing garage, and yes it is all mandatory with big fines.

and the 200 trail pass is early price, 250 if your'e asleep :furious2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts