Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my Farm Bureau agent and since he couldn't write a policy on my F5 because it's a performance sled, he then got a rate quote thru Foremost and for the F5 he said it's $500.00 per year with a $500.00 ded.!!!!! :eek: ;) :blink: :wacko: :angry: I posed the question about someone living in say Indiana paying only ~$220.00 per year and he told me the difference is because since I live in Michigan, I must ride in Michigan, therefore the higher rates!!! But if I lived in say Indiana or Ohio, I would pay about half. I then told him that most people that live in Indiana and Ohio ride in Michigan and he says that's why we in Michigan pay higher rates because there isn't many people that ride in Indiana or Ohio, therefore the less chance for a claim!!!! :blink: :blink: :unsure: :wacko: :wacko: :angry: :angry: So if this is true, I believe that out of staters should have to pay say $100.00 per trail permit to kinda even things out???

Everyone: Please tell me what you think on this issue?? I don't want to hear the line "why insure toys" either!!! I for one am not ready to give away $$$$ because my sled gets stolen or damaged by some dumbA$$ that runs into me!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
But living in Michigan don't We get to ride twice as much? But You have to remember these guys (ins. co's) are out to make money off You and they will keep raising rates till they do! Just send in a claim for a wrecked sled once and see what Your rate is next year! If They don't drop You first!!!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the point I'm trying to make!! The opportunity exists the same for any one living near the Michigan line to ride in northern Mi just as much as I do!! The last time I looked, SE lower Mi wasn't in the favored snow belt areas!!!! :wacko: :wacko:
All I know is I am way Pi$$$ed off about this whole insurance thing!! Maybe I should just sell the F5 and buy a ZL 800, pay $190.00 per year for the insurance and ride the [email protected]#$%N thing right into a big tree and say gee, if I would've been riding a HIGH PERFORMANCE SLED while riding aggressively, I wouldn't of lost control!!! :p :lol: :wacko: :blink: Oh and by the way, everyone's insurance rate in Mi is going to increase on average of 15 % after JAN 1 , 2003 !!! That's combined across the board for anything insured.

Get ready for it, because it WILL happen!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I called Foremost directly and insured my F7 for $348 a year with $500 deductible. That rate you were quoted for the F5 is way out of line.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Do you have a number for Foremost ? BTW near what large city and state do you live??

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
gunner f 5, you need to try liberty mutual,
last year they charged me less than $400.00
for a2000-zrt 600 a 99 zl-440 and a 95 cougar 550
per year for all with a $ 500.00 dedct,
i havent been charged for the f7 yet.
but i cant belive it will be as much as i
am reading on here.
i live in mich also, their number is 1-800-225-7014
p.s. i have home-boat's -auto's-sled's with them
so i am getting a multi discount. B)

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alleycat-- without being specific, where in Mi. do you live??

I had Liberty Mutual give me a quote before -- they said I had to have my autos with them in order to get sled policy. Well, the first words out of his mouth were "$1400.00 per year for your 2002 Z71". :huh: :huh: He was going to save me about $100.00 on my ZR 600 LE but increase what I was already paying on my auto by 33% !! :huh: :eek: :wacko: :wacko: When I talked to him at the snow X event at the Silverdome he said he can DEFINITELY beat Farm Bureau rates on everything. His comment was "well, I got you a good rate on your sled didn't I?" :wacko: :wacko: If I would have been talking to him when he said that, I would have ended him right then and there!

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
hi gunner f5,. i live real close to travers city,
god ..them rates you are beeing quoated seem high as hell!!
i am going to assume you are young.(under 28)
my wife and i are between 45-50 years old,
clean records...... maybe it's age??
we have 95 intrepid--93 bronco eddy bauer with,
full coverage on both-$900.00 year..for both
i know your truck is new. but$1400.00 a year(holyshit)
we save a little with memberships through m.s.a.
and credit union's . <_<
p.s. i'll let you know how much i pay for the sabercat
when they send me a bill.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alleycat-- Thanks for the replies! :D I'm 36 and my wife is 34. My proximity to Detroit is most likely my problem with the high rates. No tickets and no claims. What really ticks me off is the way Farm Bureau wants to classify the sleds, by category and not by engine CC's. If they made a Firecat F2, they wouldn't insure it because the manufacture would list it as a high performance sled!! Like I said, what a joke!!

After the rates go up on Jan. 1st, I'm going to shop my whole policy around, the sleds, the cars, the truck, the house, and everything else!!! Then when I get a better quote, I'm going to tell Farm Bureau to go get $#@%[email protected]# , well, I think you know what I'll say!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Gunner I am 42 yoa, clean record, only some minor claims, car/deer etc. I think detriot could be the problem, I have a bud out there that says his rates are outrageous.
The link for Foremost is right off the Arctic cat site under links.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had alot of trouble getting insurance also...Allstate wrote up a policy and dropped me a month later...because they dont insure above 600cc..so I scrambled around getting quotes as high as over $1000.00..I settle for a policy thru the AC dealer(513.00)...was good for last season then they cancelled reason being they dont insure sleds anymore...finally I was reffered by a friend to State Farm Insurance..(242.00? on 2002 ZR800EFI) no other car or home insurance needed thru them...just seperate policy for snowmobile..I hope this helps ....thanx

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ssZR800EFICC@Dec 8 2002, 11:47 AM
I had alot of trouble getting insurance also...Allstate wrote up a policy and dropped me a month later...because they dont insure above 600cc..so I scrambled around getting quotes as high as over $1000.00..I settle for a policy thru the AC dealer(513.00)...was good for last season then they cancelled reason being they dont insure sleds anymore...finally I was reffered by a friend to State Farm Insurance..(242.00? on 2002 ZR800EFI) no other car or home insurance needed thru them...just seperate policy for snowmobile..I hope this helps ....thanx

Where are you located? Thanks everyone for your replies :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts