Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
If you go to www. partsland.com they will have a parts breakdown on a reverse setup, you mite have to go to a 600 classic or something. Hope this helps. All the best, Sideways

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
the one thing they dont tell you is there is almost ZERO clearance on the belly pan to get the cover over the lower spring! I warmed up the belly pan with a propane torch and thats just enough to slip the cover on warm. The trick is to warm it up enough to push it out and let it cool pushed out about 1/4" past the stock position. once you do this its a lot easier to remove for oil changes and gear swaps.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
i just cut mine and made a brace and riveted the peace i cut and bolted it to the bellypan
and the spring is a bitch to get in dont forget to put a lil locktite on it befor you put it on and theres a lil steel peace that gos on the top leftbackside of the chain to keep the chain from rubbing inside the case youll see the to holes where it gos and one other thing the cover bolt in the 7oclock spot sucks ass to get too iam about to drill a hole and put a plug in it

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
watch the layout the middle gears are reversed # 21 and #23 on ost of the chaincase explosions I have seen

the small pinion gear 23 needs to go on the outside / chaincase cover side where 21 is
21 goes where 23 is

·
Registered
435 Posts
1 Drain chain case
2 Remove muffler
3 Tip machine on left side, use cardboard or carpet to protect finish
4 Remove chaincase cover
5 Loosen chain tightner and remove gears and chain
6 Clean out chaincase and bolt holes for locktite can grab
7 locktite two small screws, boltong on the chain retention bracket (pn 5243162), tighten screws until bracket is drawn into recess
8 Remove pinion shaft stud nut which is threaded onto pinion shaft stud
9 Install pinion shaft (pn 5130770) with shamfer out onto stud using locktite
10 Install pinion gear washer (pn 7555877) on pinion shaft
11 Install new drive shaft spacer (pn 7555871) on drive shaft
12 Install washer (pn 7555917) onto jackshaft
13 Install existing chain and top sprocket, bottom option sprocket and chain pinion drive gear (pn 1341241) into chaincase. The chain pinion gear has the wide gear face of the two gears. Chain, sprockets and pinion gears must be installed together. The option gear must be installed with the with the locks facing outward for locking with revrese gear.
14 Index drive coupler (pn 5130720) into reverse gear assembly (pn 1341410) before installation to be sure there is no binding in the spline area. To do this, hold the reverse gear in a horizontal position with the hole vertical. Let the coupler slide through under its own weight. Mark the orientation of the drive coupler and reverse gear to be sure indexing is maintained during installation. Note, if binding occurs rotate coupler untill it slides through freely.
15 Install reverse gear assembly (pn1341410) with spring (pn 7041887) and drive retainer coupler (pn 5130727) on drive coupler
16 Tighten top gear using existing nut and washer. Torque to 50 ft lbs. Install cotter pin
17 Apply pressure to spring retainer and install lock washer (pn 7552901) and bottom gear bolt (pn 7517581) using a 1/4" ratchet and swivel extension. ( this is the part where many put the spring in a vice, clamp spring down and put good zip ties to hold the spring compressed until the bolt is started, then cut off zip ties). (make sure no zip tie parts get locked under spring when released.)
18 Install chain tightner and adjust chain by finger tightning. Chain should have slight play above tightener roller of .050"
19 Insall spur pinion gear (pn 1341075) and outer spacer (pn 7555877)
20 Apply grease to pinion shaft o-ring (pn 5410589) and install into resess in chain case cover
21 Re install drain plug.
22 Remove rear brake caliper bolt and intall chaincase cover assembly. Make sure shift fork fits into groove on reverse gear. ( this is where you might need to heat the belly pan with a propane torch and stretch it out a bit for clearance to fit the cover in. Be carefull as it doesn't take much heat).
23 Install cover retainer bolts to5 ft lbs.
24 Install pinion shaft bolt and washer to 10 ft lbs
25 reassemble rear caliper bolt to 30 ft lbs. and put machine on skis.

To answer you question the directions didn't say. I put locktite on it and tightened it without trying to break it. 11/16th drill for hole in cowl for lever. It is about 1 3/8" from left side of cowl indention to center of hole to drill. And is centered top to bottom in that small space. Test machine at low speeds. Maintain proper chain tension by applying 20 in lbs to adjuster bolt, then loosen a half turn and tighten locknut.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
watch the layout the middle gears are reversed # 21 and #23 on ost of the chaincase explosions I have seen

the small pinion gear 23 needs to go on the outside / chaincase cover side where 21 is
21 goes where 23 is[/b]

If in doubt, these pinion gears have part number stamped on inside face and will correspond to Polaris instructions. I have instructions from Polaris to scan and post if needed. The instructions are for Edge chaincase.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
One other thing,

There is a recall on the bolt assy that holds the arm to the case. They will give you a threaded spacer with a tab that hooks to the back of the chaincse for added support if your kit does not have one.

I just got mine last week. N/C

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey Scott S - Thanks a million for the Installation instructions! I was about to ask for them as well, and there they are! That's what makes this site work so well - sharing information and helping the next guy!

Thanks again,
Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.