Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am reassembling the motor. put the stator on, the block is not on yet nor are the pistons, i decided to see how the stators spins now that it is back on. it spins freely for the first 3/4 of the turn then it seems like it is sticking for the rest of the turn. does the same thing if is spin it the other way always in the same spot. i know the crank spins freely because i span it before reinstalling that stator. does this have something to do with the magneto that is held in by 2 screws? i reinstalled it it as close as possible to the existing marks, and looks even. any ideas guys?

·
Premium Member
39,118 Posts
well i am reassembling the motor. put the stator on, the block is not on yet nor are the pistons, i decided to see how the stators spins now that it is back on. it spins freely for the first 3/4 of the turn then it seems like it is sticking for the rest of the turn. does the same thing if is spin it the other way always in the same spot. i know the crank spins freely because i span it before reinstalling that stator. does this have something to do with the magneto that is held in by 2 screws? i reinstalled it it as close as possible to the existing marks, and looks even. any ideas guys?[/b]
Your stator spins???

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
You mean flywheel I would guess.

Pull flywheel back off, clean that inside taper of the flywheel.

Also check the taper on the crank that you didn't hit and nick it. This would put flywheel on crooked and make it bind possibly. Torque it down to spec and try again.

Or you dropped the crankshaft throwing it out of straight and the end is wobbling?

Cranks are fragile when out of the case.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
their is some rust build up on the shaft where the magneto part slides on, think this is the culprit? i tried to get off as much of it as possible with some wd and a wire brush but couldnt get it perfect... as for the crank, i bought a parts motor, never split the cases, she is as quiet as can be.... so i am hoping to rule out the crank being bent.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Not to be rude but you have to motor out and apart and your not changing crank seals? Maybe I worry too much but every time I ever pull a motor for motor work I split it and change the crank seals, especially if it is something new to me.

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
Use some 400 grit sandpaper and polsih it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts