Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna be honest with yall. Im a rookie when it comes to wrenching..

I got a set of boyesen reeds just waiting to bolt in to my f6 (just the lips not the whole reed cage thing).

Has anyone here at hcs installed a pair of boyesen on their 04 f6/f7efis? please post some pictures or like a "how to guide"! would really appreciate that :) thanks

:celebrating:

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
do you know where your reed cages are?
you will need to pull off your throttle bodies (EFI), which may or may not require you to pull off the airbox and boot. then you can unbolt the reed cages and replace the reeds. sorry no pics, but search around here or on arcticchat.com and maybe someone else has them posted...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know where the reed cages are.. ok thanks alot for your input! i will do a search here, maybe i shouldve done that before posting a new thread.. oh well.,, if anyone else has anything to add, please do!

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Its easy.

Take off the hood.

Take the airbox out.

Pull the rubber boot that goes from the airbox to the t-bodies through towards the front of the sled, but not all the way off.

Loosen the clamps between the t-bodies and reed boot thingy.

Take off t-bodies.

Take out the 6 bolts in each reed cage, reeds should pull out.

Reverse by puttin in new reeds. Follow any instructions that came with the new ones for trimming of the boot or anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts