Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remove side panels and hood
Remove center counsel where the key switch is installed
Behind the overflow tank is a series of plugs the accessories plug is circled in red in the pictures
Reach in and unplug the accessories plug from the cap USE CARE NOT TO DROP THE GREEN SEAL when you unplug the connector
Drill the plug hole in the center counsel and install the plug and feed the wire harness through by the steering column.
Plug the harness into the accessories plug and reinstall counsel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,560 Posts
least they got smart so you dont have to remove the tank faring , now if they would get a little smarter and move all the acc. plugs by the heated shield plug we would be in good shape .
good info for the peps Doug!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Drill the plug hole in the center counsel and instill the plug and feed the wire harness through
Great photos - any idea what the extra switch locations are for in the console? I'm tempted to center mine in the left panel if I'll never use the switch locations.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Nice pictures Doug.

The side panels and the hood, come off without any tools. You needed a Tuflok plier or body tool or screwdriver to remove the 2 Tuflok plastic rivets just in front of the steering post, that hold the front of the switch panel down. Did you use a 3/4" holesaw to make the opening in the switch panel for the RCA mounting grommet and receptacle?

As you know, the RCA receptacle 2883824 kit, includes instructions that are for installation on an AXYS chassis sled. If I followed this, correctly, you did not need to remove any Torx screws did you?

Great photos - any idea what the extra switch locations are for in the console? I'm tempted to center mine in the left panel if I'll never use the switch locations.
One of them is probably for the driver heated seat switch.

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice pictures Doug.

The side panels and the hood, come off without any tools. You needed a Tuflok plier or body tool or screwdriver to remove the 2 Tuflok plastic rivets just in front of the steering post, that hold the front of the switch panel down. Did you use a 3/4" holesaw to make the opening in the switch panel for the RCA mounting grommet and receptacle?

As you know, the RCA receptacle 2883824 kit, includes instructions that are for installation on an AXYS chassis sled. If I followed this, correctly, you did not need to remove any Torx screws did you?

One of them is probably for the driver heated seat switch.
I used a 3/4 hole saw installed in a drill press operating the drill press chuck by hand.

There is multiple areas to locate the plug on the console i just used the location set aside for the plug as this will probably be my wife's sled next year and i never know what accessory she's going to want

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like the tether switch goes there... the instructions for the tether switch has a drill guide to mark the center of the left panel. Note the RCA plug requires a smaller hole than the tether switch.

Tether_2889142.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
2883824 RCA Power Receptacle Axys & Matryx: 3/4" mounting hole
2883823 Tether Switch all 650/850 Engines older kit: 1/2" mounting hole
2889142 / 2889143 Matryx / Axys & older, New Magnetic Tether Switch kit: 1" mounting hole

Not only does the Magnetic tether want a 1" mounting hole, the black box underneath the switch panel is almost as big as the setup for the ignition switch.

Above is where the instructions want the control switch for the Matryx Heated Driver Seat. It is a pushin rocker switch, what's underneath the switch panel, has the same footprint as the top of the switch. It might be possible to mount this between the ignition key switch and the Magnetic tether, with the RCA outlet at the top, just above this heated seat switch. This would be for those folks that want to have EVERY accessory on their sled.

Reactions: sledhead Dan

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
A stepped drill but makes simple work of drilling the hole perfectly. That’s what I did.

On the opposite side is the harness for the led hand guards etc... what does VCM mean on the one plug?

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Inside the glovebox. 2884938

1 - 13 of 13 Posts