Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second time installing powder pros. Not any better this second time. Trouble comes when you try to attach the saddle to the spindle, the rubbers are just a bit too thick and you can't get the holes to line up to get the bolt through. I had to stand on the spindle while tappng the bolt through. Anyone else have trouble, words of wisdom?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I hear your pain. Had a hard time myself, what i did was squeeze with a pump pliers to align holes and bolts. I did not like the idea of metal to metal but it was a tight fit.Used a rubber hammer to pound bolt thru the spindle and saddle. Good Luck!!!!!.........still ridinthebest!!!!!!!!!!!............

·
Registered
393 Posts
Same here, stand/bounce on the spindle and swear :censored: at it a lot, help of one or two other people is nice, too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Oh well, no easy way then. Tried them out today and are a bit darty but also very hard pack snow. Know they will do well in the deeper stuff when it comes.
Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
yes, i have tried the ratchet strap. it kinda works but its hard to keep things aligned. i usually get one side started and then take clamps, i use kanttwist clamps, and clamp it up for the second hole and pound thru with a small rubber mallet. but yes they do suck to get installed.
as for the darting, what mounting holes are you using for the ski to mount bolt up?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm using the rear holes (skis further back) which means less darting/more turning effort. A got to ride again on new snow and softer snow Monday and the darting is much better under those conditions, to the point I may try the forward holes. I've also been messing around the with skid setup so difficult to make apples to apples comparison since my ski pressure is probably also moving around. I have the air shocks up front so adjusting ski pressure the way I normally do (coil spring) not an immediate option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts