Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just Installed the Perfector Injector with a 290 main jet on my new F6 2008! It started up fine afterwards, but when testdriving, the engine behaved like it was cold all the time (It didn't run properly)! - So I didn't dare to drive it for a very long period of time. I parkede it and will try with a 300 main jet tomorrow!

I've used Perfector Injector with a 290 main jet on my earlier M5 2006 EFI with no problems at all for one hole season! But maybe there are some differences on these "new" 600 engines?!

Any comments, anyone?!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
It acts like its cold because its lean! Take it out, its not worth it, a 300 jet is not going to help. Hopefully you didn't already start eating up the top of your piston(s).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It acts like its cold because its lean! Take it out, its not worth it, a 300 jet is not going to help. Hopefully you didn't already start eating up the top of your piston(s).[/b]
Thanx! For the advice! Will take it out tomorrow!

I thought the engine was a litle bit rich, because the exhaust was making a small explotion when stopping it (When driving from 40 miles p/hour and faster). Therefore I tried the Perfector Injector. But that seemed like a bad idea, then...

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you have reed valves on it, you should run the 300. It says to do so on the instructions. Many people have this mod and claim they wouldn't ride without it. I would try the 300 and see where it gets you. There is only a fine line between perfectly lean and too lean. I run one and it works great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have reed valves on it, you should run the 300. It says to do so on the instructions. Many people have this mod and claim they wouldn't ride without it. I would try the 300 and see where it gets you. There is only a fine line between perfectly lean and too lean. I run one and it works great.[/b]
Are you riding the F-series 600 or firecat 600 and which year?!

·
Registered
357 Posts
The injector perfector works with all of Arctic Cat EFI systems. Technically, it will even work on a 1997 ZR 580 EFI. Like I said, use the 300. I have the instructions and for the newer models, it is necessary to use a jet one size larger. And indytriple, I don't appreciate your pathetic sense of criticism. If you have something to add, maybe do it in a more mature manner. My sled works fine with this mod. There's a reason his isn't working and everyone else who uses this mod does. All EFI systems have an operating pressure similar to each other if not the same. I am using a 300 main jet right now. You wont notice much power gain on a 600, but fuel mileage is better. I might even try to go down another jet size, depending on piston wash and plug readings.

·
Registered
357 Posts
And also, make sure you have the IP-200, not the IP 100, as the IP-100 won't work correctly with anything above 2006. Also make sure your sled's fuel mapping was reprogrammed but AC. Don't let anyone tell you this mod is useless. It is a proven mod and with the correct tuning, improves gas mileage and acceleration, (and in the case of a 700, top speed). Lots of tuners use this mod and swear by it. I don't know what indytriple is smoking, but whatever it is, it isn't working well for him.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
And also, make sure you have the IP-200, not the IP 100, as the IP-100 won't work correctly with anything above 2006. Also make sure your sled's fuel mapping was reprogrammed but AC. Don't let anyone tell you this mod is useless. It is a proven mod and with the correct tuning, improves gas mileage and acceleration, (and in the case of a 700, top speed). Lots of tuners use this mod and swear by it. I don't know what indytriple is smoking, but whatever it is, it isn't working well for him.[/b]
Dude

Indytriple knows more about sleds then you could even think about

So with that beeing said

Know your EFI systems by what YEAR first , before your small brain tells your fucking fingers to start typing

Thanx Scott

·
Registered
357 Posts
All I know is that mine works fine and his should too. I don't care how much he knows, or how much older than me he is. He's wrong, and theres a way to fix the problem. I'm not arguing anymore. Maybe you should think before you merit other peoples' intelligence. Surely someone that's in one of the best Pharmacy schools in the U.S. isn't a dumbass. Or maybe is it that you're too ignorant to understand? I don't know, you tell me.

P.S. I have many friends who use this mod. Don't try to tell me his expertise outweighs mine in this area. Maybe overall, but this is something I know I can back up. Oh yeah, it's "being" not "beeing," unless you have yellow and black stripes on your ass. . .

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
So it works on a ZL 600, thats a tad different then a brand new epa leaned out sled. That was my point. I wouldn't even dare compare the mapping of an EFI Firecat 6 to the f series 600 as the mapping is completely different. I'm sure your ZL 6 efi is rich as hell, as back then fuel was used a coolant, no longer the case. So I don't doubt your claims. Just have to be carefull with suggestions on these newer sleds, the mapping is much tighter up top.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,336 Posts
All I know is that mine works fine and his should too. I don't care how much he knows, or how much older than me he is. He's wrong, and theres a way to fix the problem. I'm not arguing anymore. Maybe you should think before you merit other peoples' intelligence. Surely someone that's in one of the best Pharmacy schools in the U.S. isn't a dumbass. Or maybe is it that you're too ignorant to understand? I don't know, you tell me.

P.S. I have many friends who use this mod. Don't try to tell me his expertise outweighs mine in this area. Maybe overall, but this is something I know I can back up. Oh yeah, it's "being" not "beeing," unless you have yellow and black stripes on your ass. . .[/b]
Thank you for all of your wisdom directed toward the AC efi system, I now feel confident on my discovery.
I have 4 snowmobiles, 3 efi and 1 carb Z120. I did not want to spend alot of money on injector perfectors so I went to the hardware store and purchased a 5 pack of Vice Grips. These do the same thing as an injector perfector, just pinch the fuel line.
I even put the small one on my Z120 and WOW what a difference, even my oil consumption has gone down 35%.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Surely someone that's in one of the best Pharmacy schools in the U.S. isn't a dumbass. Or maybe is it that you're too ignorant to understand? I don't know, you tell me.

So what medication do you recommend for "Attention Deficit Disorder" - Look into it dumbass

I didnt know we were talking Pharmacy school

If you would like to learn a few things about EFI , get back to me on the current systems

This isnt about a 2000 ZL 600 EFI
Its about a 2008 EFI sled

Love Scott

·
Registered
357 Posts
Exactly. It is about a 2008 EFI sled. So he would need the injector perfector IP-200, not the IP-100 like I have. This is the reason why there are two different versions. If you have attention deficit disorder, I would recommend Ritalian (methyphenidate) both slow release and instant release, or Adderall. It isn't the pharmacists job to recommend. It is the doctor's. Pharmacists are only supposed to know the effects and if the drug is safe for that patient to use, plus verification of correct dosage, etc. Although, in your case, it has little chance of being effective because these drugs sometimes have the opposite effect on adults. Ages will vary from individual to individual. I don't want to argue anymore. I do not disagree that the mapping on both fuel systems is different. It most likely differed from year to year. All I'm saying is, the Injector perfector IP-200 is recommended. I will do you one better. Call TPI and ask them which one is recommended and if it fits the application. I am sure they will point you in the right direction. They certainly helped me as I was skeptical about the idea of leaning my sled out. If his sled is remapped, then of course it won;t work properly because it is already lean enough.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Exactly. It is about a 2008 EFI sled. So he would need the injector perfector IP-200, not the IP-100 like I have. This is the reason why there are two different versions. If you have attention deficit disorder, I would recommend Ritalian (methyphenidate) both slow release and instant release, or Adderall.

Ritalian Hmmmm, must be the Italian version of Ritalin.
Methyphenidate, some third world version of methylphenidate I guess. Hope you haven't graduated yet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Could someone out there please tell me the difference between Cat's EFI of the nineties and the present day system. I know that batteryless was introduced along the way and obviously the mapping would change on at least a yearly basis. I am sure updates to sensors and their location etc change as well, but other than these minor changes, could someone please fill me in on some of the more important break throughs.

I was just thinking about the batteryless system. Would it have made much of a difference to the actual functioning of the system? I was wondering if that is why the bottom end right at idle seems to be so rich? Possibly it needs the fuel to catch on that first turn of the magneto? I can remember running with a guy that had an earlier Cat EFI from the 90's and his started up super lean. Couldn't even move it off the trailer for a couple of minutes. Mine on the other hand can be instantly backed off the trailer when cold without even a hint of hesitation, but subsequently goes into mosquito fogging mode. Not a real handy option at -20. Not a lot of skitters out at those temps.

Someone mentioned that the new system is a super lean, EPA type of a system. If this is the case, I am curious as to why the fuel mileage is so poor compared to others, some of which are still using carbs.

These are all legitimate questions that I am very curious about. They are in no way meant as a bash or criticism. I would very much appreciate if some one could answer them for me. Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry, I meant methylphenidate and Ritalin. I sometimes become sloppy with my typing. Though maybe you should try cyanide. Much more effective for your condition. I'm sure it would be doing us all a favor.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sorry, I meant methylphenidate and Ritalin. I sometimes become sloppy with my typing. Though maybe you should try cyanide. Much more effective for your condition. I'm sure it would be doing us all a favor.[/b]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts