Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I installed my coolant guage tonight. First off, I have to say, Todd's products are absolutely great quality. Just by looking at the stuff you can tell he isn't just out to make a buck by throwing the kit together, everything it well thought out and great quality. I have his 4'th wheel kit, front skid wheel kit, and this guage.
Anyway, It installed fairly easy. It took me more time because I had to make a bracket to mount it. It is made to mount in the dash, to the left of the key, but i allready had my EGT guage there, and I didn't want to move it. I farted around with some ideas, and then I just decided to put in by the handlebar riser. It may not be the best spot, but its easy to see, and will be easy to move if I ever need to. I mashed the skin off my knuckles trying to get te rubber coolant hose on to the T unit. The hose seemed kind of small for the T. I think they may be smaller on the 03's????? idk.

The guage works great. I am happy with it. Thats enough of me talking, here are the pics:

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Were did you get that braket to mount it like that? I was debating where I would mount it before I buy. I like that. :banana:

Sorry just finished reading after I posted. I see you had to make the brkt. Nice Job.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Looks nice....but my F5 never hardly heats the coolant up. F7's another story.

I suppose your supermod F5 runs a lil hotter though.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by cmscat50@Oct 13 2005, 07:15 AM
Looks nice....but my F5 never hardly heats the coolant up.  F7's another story.

I suppose your supermod F5 runs a lil hotter though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=926388
[/quote]

I wanted to have it because I spen alot of time at ice drags in winter, and often times there is little or no snow, so this way I can keep an eye on temps. I figure it will be good to have at grass drags too.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Firecatfever do you remember what size hole you cut out for the guage. I am going to see about finding a braket. Or making one myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by geberhard@Oct 13 2005, 01:10 PM
Firecatfever do you remember what size hole you cut out for the guage. I am going to see about finding a braket. Or making one myself.

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927145
[/quote]

I just used the back of the guage and outlined it with a pencil, But I read in the directions that you need a 2" hole cutter, so 2" must be the magic number :div20:

·
Registered
118 Posts
You need the fitting for the 03's 3/4" hose diameter. You may be ok as you are, but the hose can be weakend if some cords snap inside.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Roy T@Oct 13 2005, 03:54 PM
Is there a different size fitting for the '03's smaller hoses??? -- Roy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927552
[/quote]

I talked to Todd. He said there is 3/4" fittings for the 03's, and 13/16" fittings for the 04's and newer. You just have to let him know what year your sled is if you order a guage :div20:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts