Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finially droped the $$$ on a better set of bars and riser. I went with a "6" FLY riser and a nice set of Aero Taper Bars. I removed the Hand warmer switch and mounted it inder the hood. The bars look clean now and they feel Great. I ordered some billet goodies for the bars from ODS dan this morning. :cn: What do you think? This sled has made alot of changes in the last 3 months. Not a bad deal for only investing $3000 :banana:

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
looks really good

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Can you stil retain the handwarmers??

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
heres the fly bars and risers on my sled

heres a better pic of my old f7 with them

make sure when you put the handwarmers on you electric tape the bars they will hold the heat alot better. also make sure you use some thin grips like stock or ruffian. i got protaper atv grips on mine right now and the grips are so thick that not alot of heat gets through them. if you own a 2005 or 2006 firecat you will need a m- series brake cable because the stock one will not reach this is because when they started using the dd drive they moved the brake a little further down

Originally posted by F5_Z06@Sep 20 2005, 09:39 PM
Looks awesome...whats the total rise?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=884690
[/quote]
the bars themselves add about a 2-3 inch rise depending on what company you buy.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
hey firecatkid how do you like your speed werx pipe? I want to get one for my crossfire. I want one that is going to be loud like the rumble pack or the mbrp. Is it as loud as those?

·
Registered
516 Posts
How much were the riser and bars? Looks great.....although I wouldnt call it an "investment" when anyone puts that kinda money into a sled....you'll never see it out of it......

·
Registered
204 Posts
What did you do with your handwarmers,buy new ones? or salvage them off the factory bars? if you salvaged them how did you go about it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
so do most ppl jus buy new ones then? i think for the whole set up they charge to much,its insane what that lil bit of handwarmers is worth

1 - 20 of 25 Posts