Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
i take it you got it today ?? How's it look? Post some pics when you get it in there. Sorry i cant help you with the install i know nothing about NPP. Bruce (gpxsrx) has one of their pipes in his 800 mod, and it looks awesome i might add, shoot him a PM

·
Registered
246 Posts
nah i got the dyno port, i would rather go for the slp but its been sooo long, and it doesnt seem like its getting any closer. I just went ahead and got the DP pipe and can. its a nice fit and it seems to be working really well. SLP could have made a ton of sales as far as im concerned if they released about a year ago. I think they would have been cheap enough, and have a good enough name and reputation that people would have bought their pipe rather than doing the 440 pipe mod.

I cant upload pics right now for some reason but there's a pic in the RPM topic that i started.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, when i talked to slp last week, and they said its looking more like end of Jan best case maybe longer. I couldn't wait any more! been on the list since haydays!!! I bought the used neils from bulley on the site. Should hopefully be installed tonight! Still unsure of my jetting, bulley had it on a 660 with bored carbs, just like mine and said 380's were the ticket at 1500ft! Not sure if his was an HO or older VES. Waiting for his spec's! probably going to try 400 and see if there is any change on the top RPM's!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Yes, when i talked to slp last week, and they said its looking more like end of Jan best case maybe longer. I couldn't wait any more! been on the list since haydays!!! I bought the used neils from bulley on the site. Should hopefully be installed tonight! Still unsure of my jetting, bulley had it on a 660 with bored carbs, just like mine and said 380's were the ticket at 1500ft! Not sure if his was an HO or older VES. Waiting for his spec's! probably going to try 400 and see if there is any change on the top RPM's![/b]

If your running the stock airbox with your vent lines plumbed to it, then 390-380 is a good starting point, you'll probably be able to lean on it much more than that too...

·
Registered
315 Posts
darin, check your pm's, if you need any more help give me a shout, the can in the other pic is a stinger, i sent you the regular neils silencer, i had the stinger but it was way too loud, but it mounts just the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts