Hardcore Sledder banner

Inside SN Yamaha’s 998 Turbo

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  jafo1970 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Thanks guys I am a big fan of the sled so far and thanks for the support Yam guys. Because I drive Poo if this was about the new T- Cat and I would have posted this in the Cat forums I have been called a troll and :stirthepot:

Well it looks like the Yam guys have more class.:bc:

#5 ·
Thanks guys I am a big fan of the sled so far and thinks for the support Yam guys. Because I drive Poo if this was about the new T- Cat and I would have posted this in the Cat forums I have been called a troll and :stirthepot:

Well it looks like the Yam guys have more class.:bc:

you would have been tared and feathered had you posted it there. I too am excited to see how that performs in the field. it should be a monster.

#7 ·
Not sure why you think posting a magazine article should get you tared and feathered I think it will be a great motor and it's reliability after the " boy's " start pushing it has yet to be determined . Interesting that Yamaha describes cat as an engine share partner

#8 ·
Not sure why you think posting a magazine article should get you tared and feathered I think it will be a great motor and it's reliability after the " boy's " start pushing it has yet to be determined . Interesting that Yamaha describes cat as an engine share partner[/QUOTE

Go to the cat forum on here and read the post in the 4stroke section.
It will answer your question.
Lots of know it all's with insider info and mind reading tricks that have already seen the future and know how it will work out.
To be honest, i read the post yesterday and i can honestly say i am now dumber because of it.

#9 ·
Not sure which post you are referring to but yes I agree a lot of know it alls although in my experience the majority of them seem to be trolls who don't even own cats and the ones who don't want anyone to know what they ride are generally the worst .

#13 ·
The article dies put to rest those who question the reliability of a hastily thrown together turbo package as the details unfold they have been working on this set up for several years and have hopefully worked out all the kinks.

The thing I find hilarious is those people that are complaining about the price. They still sell the viper and the Apex if you want a run of the mill sled for great trail bashing but if you want to step up the game a bit this is very cheap.

Take that from a guy who has 2 turbo vipers and 1 blown motor under his belt. If you paid anywhere near sticker for a new 15 viper and added a stage 1 MPI kit you had over $20,000 in the sled after gearing, clutching. gauges, fuel pumps and other goodies. and if you were going over 6 #'s of boost a head shim and arp studs would set you back almost another $1000.00 if you had a mechanic in a shop do it.

This motor is built for boost and can be pushed much further with no changes to compression or internals to keep it together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.