Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is a cat mechanic and went to service school in thief river last week. He told me they had an F7 with a wheel kit on a runway doing 130+ mph..........also he said he saw an F7 with 800 jugs that was a prototype. theF8 was 170hp but only ran on 110 octain fuel.......you can bet on a consumer model F8 soon and expect about 155hp.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My service manager said the same thing about the F8, said it is a possible pre-production release candidate for Jan-Feb. Have to wait and see though. I hope not, be hard to come up with the cash for it, but I like many of you will be trying..... :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just another thought, even better, a F7 to F8 upgrade, consist of jugs, pistons, and ECU...

God that would be great!!!!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I've always wondered what the sensation of being shot out of a cannon felt like. With the f9 now I'll know...............

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I think these are all pipe dreams...Don't count on anything but maybe an F6...if that...Don't get me wrong I would love to see an f8 or whatever..But remember then that will FOR SURE beat the zr900...Cat can't really do that.. That would be like shooting yourself in the foot. The F7 is bad enough...(close to the 900) :wacko:

·
Registered
428 Posts
the F9 is a for sure go.............. anyone happen to be in the are where cat was shooting the 2004 action video last week?

·
Registered
851 Posts
The factory Snowcross racers have 800 twins in their open sleds. D&D had a 800 efi at the Battle of Old Forge shootout. 800 is for real.

·
Registered
477 Posts
D&D's F8 was custom and really had nothing to do with Cat's future releases. Roadie knows, look for the F6 soon. Sorry to dissapoint, but that 4 stroke doesn't fit in the F chassis.

·
Registered
477 Posts
They are a couple people on this board who do have some good factory sources regarding developement, you just have to know which ones ;) I can tell you that the F6 is not speculation and that's all I am gonna say.

·
Registered
245 Posts
F9 :wub: Hmm... Anybody interested in a F7 Saber. Runs REAL STRONG :D Hardly been ridden :blink:

Hey AC.... Pencil me in for the F9 :wub: :wub:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Insurance company said they have a real hard time insuring anything ove 800cc. She said "Nick, you will pay out the nose for anything over 800cc!" I may have to wait a couple years, but I AM NUTS ABOUT SEEING, AND POSSIBLY, RIDING ONE!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts