Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have to rant about this because I'm pissed off.Left Innisfil today and headed up to Midland every trail that I was on with the exception of a small section of the 417 around Elmvale had not been groomed.There is no reason I can think off why none of these trails were not groomed.There are very few swamps along there and they can easly by passed if there are.
You want riders to stay on the trail then make the trails rideable!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
As much as I am a club guy.. I have to agree with you. I rode just under 1000 KM this weekend and did NOT see one groomer, and I was in the Innisfil area Sat, Sun, Mon and rode home today.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
You think because you spent $230 for a permit, it gives you the right to complain about the trails.
You money dosen't pay for squat, let alone grooming trails....

Instead of complaining why don't you volunteer and help out. It will free up some precious time from the other volunteers who are able to groom.

:uzi: :nopityA: :uzi:

i had to post it first

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll have to agree. The rail bed from Barrie to Penetang was in severe need of a grooming. The trail that goes by the dump and around to Midhurst up to B trail is never groomed either.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You think because you spent $230 for a permit, it gives you the right to complain about the trails.
You money dosen't pay for squat, let alone grooming trails....

Instead of complaining why don't you volunteer and help out. It will free up some precious time from the other volunteers who are able to groom.

:uzi: :nopityA: :uzi:

i had to post it first[/b]
Paying 230 bucks does give me the right to bitch because I am paying for a service.Don't give the crap about volunteering I was out the last three days and did not see one.If they don't have enough volunteers then hire people.Have the OFSC publish each year how much money they take in and lets see where it all goes so we can get a better idea on what it costs to operate the trail system.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am sure that you will be able to find out the financial activities of the clubs a one of the meetings, might also find the groomer schedule too. There must be a reason for not groomer being out. I did think that the snow resembled coarse sand more than snow so grooming may not have actually done anything except take away the moguls. I also remember that area not being groomed last year too so there must be a reason. Is anyone a volunteer at that club? Post back and let us know.

<I do volunteer a lot. Just not in that area.>

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sure that you will be able to find out the financial activities of the clubs a one of the meetings, might also find the groomer schedule too. There must be a reason for not groomer being out. I did think that the snow resembled coarse sand more than snow so grooming may not have actually done anything except take away the moguls. I also remember that area not being groomed last year too so there must be a reason. Is anyone a volunteer at that club? Post back and let us know.

<I do volunteer a lot. Just not in that area.>[/b]
Well I just talked to a friend of mine up in Orillia and she says there has been no grooming done there either...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well I just talked to a friend of mine up in Orillia and she says there has been no grooming done there either...[/b]
They are waiting until next monday when everyone goes back to work and school.. Then they will groom everything Sunday night so they can enjoy the trails during the week.. :stirthepot:

FWIW I rode the Orillia area and nothing had been groomed.. The newer trail that runs from the rail line up over hwy 11 by gasoline alley was total mud north of hwy 11. We had to turn around as it just was not worth it, probably would not take much to just push some snow in there..

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Orillia groomers is/was out today. I saw it crossing the Rama road.

The Sno Voyageurs Club had both thier groomers out on Sunday night. The nature of the snow does not allow for the trails to get hard, so in no time the trais are lumped up. The club is doing a good job. Stop and touch the snow on the trail, and you will know why.

·
Registered
527 Posts

The Sno Voyageurs Club had both thier groomers out on Sunday night. The nature of the snow does not allow for the trails to get hard, so in no time the trais are lumped up. The club is doing a good job. Stop and touch the snow on the trail, and you will know why.[/b]

just because you seen the groomer does not mean it was grooming orillia. when you seen the groomer crossing rama road they have there own sections of trails. the orillia groomers do from Orillia - Oro Station - Coldwater - Mud Lake. that being said there is no reason for them not to be groomed, a friend of mine said most trails have only been groomed once and they never used the drag..... this winter is really kicking off to a bad start

·
Registered
527 Posts
about time they went out, its been like 2 weeks since they have. i wonder if there going to groom behind heidi's trailer park with all this cold weather coming

·
Registered
480 Posts
saw the groomer out late last week in the midland/penetang area trails. and saw fresh marks where it had gone out on sunday.

·
Registered
223 Posts
about time they went out, its been like 2 weeks since they have. i wonder if there going to groom behind heidi's trailer park with all this cold weather coming[/b]
The club in this area never seems to groom before xmas from what I can recall.

The B and the 207 where being groomed from what I saw.

·
Registered
413 Posts

The Sno Voyageurs Club had both thier groomers out on Sunday night. The nature of the snow does not allow for the trails to get hard, so in no time the trais are lumped up. The club is doing a good job. Stop and touch the snow on the trail, and you will know why.[/b]

I have to agree. I was out Sat and Sun and passed the groomers in Barrie and in Elmvale on Saturday, and passed one on Sun afternoon near Anton Mills. And on our way home from Moonstone we just missed him cause we were making tracks on the groomed trail. The snow wasn't good for grooming. Other than the fact that the bumps were filled in you wouldn't have known it was groomed if you didn't see the tracks left behind. The snow was getting tossed around like beach sand. It is just like little ice crystals, which I believe isn't good conditions for grooming.

I agree there could be more grooming more often, but they are volenteers. And there is allot of traffic in the Barrie and Area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts