Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

My biggest problem whith my F5 is that i dont´t know how to reduce the inner ski lift when cornering on hardpack. Sometimes the sled tip over and that makes me feel very uncomfortable :angry: . I have the limiterstrap in the middle position and couplingblocks on 3, and i have no spring tension at all on the front spring in the boggiesystem.

Rob, do you have any smart suggestions?

Michael from Finland

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure your IFS ski shocks are also in the loosest position (while still keeping a litttle tension on the spring retainers with the sled elevated). If you have too much preload on the skis it doesn't allow the rear suspension to work fully with the limiter strap shortened. Also try moving the coupling blocks to a LOWER setting, or even removing them. The coupler blocks don't have a lot of effect on ski lift from what I've seen. Also consider a ski change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thank you Rob. I will try. Quite cold here in Finland (-30 degrees celcius, i dont´t know how much it will be in fahrenheit?) But no snowmobiling in -30 c, Brrrr!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Cat makes a stiffer swaybay 1703-145 which is 5/8" thick versus the stock 1/2", This should help to make the sled corner flatter. It is only about $65 cdn.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Cat makes a stiffer swaybay 1703-145 which is 5/8" thick versus the stock 1/2", This should help to make the sled corner flatter. It is only about $65 cdn.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
And this 5/8" swaybar is a direct replacement for the stock Fire Cat swaybar? Same dimensions; no mods necessary to install it??

Anyone know if the standard and sno-pros come stock with the same 1/2" swaybar? -- Roy

·
Registered
200 Posts
I installed the 5/8" sway bar- combined with stiffer valving on the front shocks as the stock valving was a joke if you ever venture off groomed trails or lakes. I also pulled the limiter strap all the way and slightly stiffened the rear shocks valving. It corners like my last ZR440 sno-pro now!!! BUT the bigger sway bar sure makes for a rougher ride (latteral action). On smooth corners- she rails now. This is the answer to cornering, but you sacrifice the ride on big bumps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts