Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i adjust the springs to avoid the inner ski to rise up in the air out of an corner under acceleration?
The adjustment on the front damper is in the midle now. The block in the back are at Nr 1.
I weigh about 145.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Inside ski lift is not a bad thing if it is predictable (no scrub in bumps, etc.) If it isn't excessive, and it doesn't affect the way you ride, it means you are getting back on the gas (with a boatload of power underneath you!) in a hurry..not a bad problem to have! If it bugs you, get your body more into the turns, and things will all become clear.

As an aside, the new supertrax mag has a great article that clearly explains the order and method in which to calibrate your entire suspension system to work together. I thought it was very well written. Check it out if you haven't already seen it.

kj

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gues i have to ride even more agressive :ph34r:
i'm use to machZ...... no ski in the air with that one....

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Originally posted by f5sweden@Dec 29 2002, 09:12 PM
I gues i have to ride even more agressive :ph34r:
i'm use to machZ...... no ski in the air with that one....
That's cause the front end was too heavy to lift the ski on it! LOL :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the same problem when I first started riding. I then adjusted the rear coupler block to # 2 , took Approx. 8 turns off of the front shock of the rear suspension, and about the same on the front shocks, for me it was a huge improvement. What type of surface are you riding on (hardpack, icy,deep snow ?) How many miles have you put on it? It took a whole lot of getting used to, but once you hit the comfort groove you'll know it instantly. just remember to not sit back and ride the sled, you almost have to over exaggerate your cornering (lean up on the tank). Don't worry though, once you have a few miles on it ,the light bulb will come on and you'll no longer worry about the "lift". I originally got thrown off my firecat my first time out from the ski lifting, but after a hundred miles and a couple of adjustments ,(Don't be afraid to experiment with settings), It's the best handling sled I've ever owned (by Far)!! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Put coupling block on 3 (#3 faceing front of sled)
Front rear(center) spring back all the way off(just enough to keep spring tight)
also might want to try heavy duty sway-bar(5/8" for ZR needs to be cut-down alittle for firecat)
also lean alittle helps alot

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
hang off the side and also get further up towards the gas tank, i had to change my ride style going from zr 800 cross cntry. to firecat but once you get it down you'll love it!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Get USED TO IT, IT WORKS !!!!

Once you get a feeling for the lift, there is NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT! I go looking for that perfect sweeper to get it up! Then MOTOR THROUGH IT AND PULL AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CYAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa :wub:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts