Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been a big issue and I have to assume someone has a alternative to $130 for bogie wheels that won't last very long.

I don't have it apart yet but not only are the wheels really worn but they have a ton of play so I'm afraid there going to grenade in the skid.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Do you need the entire wheel or just the $5 bearing?

I've never seen an idler wheel actually wear out, but have replaced a lot of bearings.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume everything. The wheels are definitely junk. They wobble bad so I'm sure the bearing and maybe even the shaft is bad.

The wheels are plastic and wear out almost immediately after replacing them, so in my other sled I don't even replace them. But these are really bad.

Bad design.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
as i remember correctly running a slightly smaller diameter wheel fixed the problem forever as far as the rubber consumption bearings are always a problem if you do a tread search it should be on here 8-10 years ago

·
Registered
447 Posts
I ran a set of Doo wheels and bearings when I had mine. Cant find what the part# was. I got them from a buddy who said they were off either a SC4 & 5 XP 440. These wheels are 141mm where the stock ones on my 03 ProX 600 were 142.748mm (5.62")

·
Registered
62 Posts
Press the spacers out.
Get two wheels from an old wedge suspension, they are slightly smaller.
Drill the hole for bolt removal.
Press in the spacers.
Never fix again.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Press the spacers out.
Get two wheels from an old wedge suspension, they are slightly smaller.
Drill the hole for bolt removal.
Press in the spacers.
Never fix again.
That makes alot of sense and I have a bunch of old wheels. Unfortunately too late as I already ordered and installed the ones from Dennis Kirk.

Also, the shaft was very worn. And the back up skid I have I already took the shaft out of that because apparently my other sled had the same problem at one point.

So I bought two shafts, one for a back up.

Thanks all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts