Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw on the town of inlets site that they will be enforcing a 0 tolerance approach on loud mufflers this season. I ride this area quite often and there are a lot of sleds running loud mufflers, the Inlet/Old forge area has been allowing noisy exhaust systems in their trail systems for some years now while others areas of the state have been cracking down on them.

I personally don’t like noisy exhaust systems they tend to piss people off and close trails.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I’m ok with that. Cans sound Like Crap anyway. I love the sound of crackling twin or triple pipes through stingers or “silencers” cans don’t personally bother me and I live on a main trail but they sure sound cheesy

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Good! Cans are annoying and get trails closed. And very few "cans" even offer acceleration gains, and those that do offer gains often need jetting and clutching changes for any net improvement in performance. Too many mouth breathers think louder equals faster. I love passing these mouth breathers on my well suspended sled with a quite, stock muffer.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’ll be interesting to see how well they enforce it. There are so many sleds running that area with noisy cans, I have wondered for years why they never cracked down on the noise in the Old forge/Inlet area, always figured all of the businesses in that area that depended on snowmobilers to stay afloat had something to do with it. Someone of importance must have had enough of it.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The key here is the Inlet/Old Forge trail system is PRIVATE which is why they can charge for permits. The OWN the land their trails are on and the can make/enforce their own rules and penalties.
When you buy one of their trail permits you are in fact agreeing to their rules, regulations and penalties. Anyone who receives a summons has to go to their court where their judges determine and enforce the penalty set forth by the state.

Since they can make loads of money with fines and court costs expect everyone to be found guilty.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Actually I’ve been in that court and they are small town fair and reasonable. Obviously they know tourism Is the lifeblood of the communities i don’t believe they will go hot wild on punishment or huge fines etc maybe just enough to get the point across. I on the other hand will be riding by Scott free as they are distracted dealing with guys yelling pull me over with thier cans

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's fine, once they leave old forge they can get another ticket for the modified exhaust.
Anybody know what the fine is for riding old forge trail system without a permit?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's fine, once they leave old forge they can get another ticket for the modified exhaust.
Anybody know what the fine is for riding old forge trail system without a permit?
A lot more than purchasing a permit.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hope my trail can won't be to loud
Anything that is not stock could be ticketed going by the current laws. If it is as quiet as stock and there is no question you will be OK (most likely) but if they suspect an altered exhaust and open the hood the only thing that matters is if it is stock (ID numbers stamped) or not.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So even if it meet the sound level they could still get you for a ticket. I could see the race/mountain cans being to loud. They should start cracking down on motorcycles to.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
If you meet the sound level I don’t believe there would be any probable cause for you to have to show them the exhaust for further inspection since it’s most likely not in plain view I would bet if it passes the sound test that’s the end of the debate. I know a bunch of LE in that area and they are not gonna go digging for problems or trouble. If it sounds ok it’s ok. Keep moving. At least that’s what I’m gathering. Now if it’s the lying , sneaky , dirty state troopers all bets are off. Don’t trust them dirty turds to do the right thing, FILTHY and CROOKED. They are so dirty I need a shower after just walking by them.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
So even if it meet the sound level they could still get you for a ticket. I could see the race/mountain cans being to loud. They should start cracking down on motorcycles to.
While I agree they should crack down on motorcycles as well the bikes are on public roads while sleds are on trails that for the most part are on private property which they are welcome on due to landowners allowing trails on their property.
Trails can be shut down... Public roads cannot.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you meet the sound level I don’t believe there would be any probable cause for you to have to show them the exhaust for further inspection since it’s most likely not in plain view I would bet if it passes the sound test that’s the end of the debate. I know a bunch of LE in that area and they are not gonna go digging for problems or trouble. If it sounds ok it’s ok. Keep moving. At least that’s what I’m gathering. Now if it’s the lying , sneaky , dirty state troopers all bets are off. Don’t trust them dirty turds to do the right thing, FILTHY and CROOKED. They are so dirty I need a shower after just walking by them.
got to have a brother that's a trooper I got one but never had to use his name yet. I do carry my family card just incase

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Somebody somewhere is getting robbed , raped, murdered , selling drugs etc while the bogus troopers act to fill ticket percentages ,lie, steal , fabricate evidence ,lie on reports , lie lie lie and lie some more . Violate citizen rights on a daily basis. (No I’m no snowflake or antifa clown or a criminal ) total fucking shitbags. And it starts with how these pussies are taught in the academy . They look like fucking Batman with all that shit on the duty belts and are still scared (or act like ) there is a boogey man behind every tree. Corrupt department . There are some good ones but troopers ain’t it ......... shit stems. Good news is they keep banging eachothers wives around here so at least they shit on each other as well as the public. Lol. Anyway now that I’m all fired up. Back to mufflers .....

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
100% true. You must be a loose cannon like myself lol. Now let's get some snow
In all seriousness if you are running one of those obnoxious cans on your sled you are more than likely going to get a ticket. There are only a handful of aftermarket cans that wouldn’t get a second look from the trail cops, SLP’s can is one of them I ran a full SLP system without any issues in Maine, NY and Quebec. SLP’s can offers lighter weight, a bit more sound and the ability to adjust chain case tension without removing the can.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Never understood why every loud sled thread somehow includes motorcycles it's not like they close trails. Gotta say something I guess.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts