Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a problem with an injector hanging up? Looks like I have one that isn't working properly. Looks as though its not closing or hanging up some how. Trying to read the wash on the pistons and one cylinder is washed clean.

Matt

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Switch your injector wires around from side to side and see if it follows the wires first. And also check your compression and see if you blew a head o-ring also. Just little things to look at.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
You should get your injectors flow tested and indexed once every two years. At least to keep peek performance. Fuel will evaporate and a wax build up will form. Slowing the flow rate of the injector. The other thing is with out a high pressure fuel filter the pump.... as it wears out will lose some iron fileings. The coils in the injector will act like a magnet and hold the fileings in the injector. This effects the flow rate too. Indexing injectors will ballance the power between the two cylinders. The ECU will not pic up on the flow rate change in the injector as they get hours on them. So the ECU will think all is well when you might be lean.

The new 600 with the EPTS will ajust for this I am sure.

Most injector shops can perform a clean and indexing for around $15 bucks an injector. All injectors are flow tested and rated at 45#'s fuel pressure.

Don.......

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm almost certain on the injector hanging up or possible wire drawn. On startup with a cold engine the washed cylinder will flood out. I removed both injectors last night. Applied power to open them and blasted contact cleaner and then compressed air through them. They both seemed to actuate easily. I'll need to run the sled to day to know if I got anywhere. I'll try swaping the wires if the problem is evident in order to eliminalte the possiblity of a connection issue.

Matt

Oh, I don't think its an oring prob. As much as I have run it I would have expected to see some sort of damage if that were the case. Never know though, Could be slight but enough to cause problems. I'll save that till last. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts