Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can i expect on 04 f6 with this device? ( injector perfector) Do the 04 f6's run that rich up top? What size jets are being used on f6's? Best way to check piston wash on firecats? Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
What can i expect on 04 f6 with this device? ( injector perfector) Do the 04 f6's run that rich up top? What size jets are being used on f6's? Best way to check piston wash on firecats? Thanks guys[/b]
not allot of testing info of the F6 lots of talk on the F7. You would just have to test your sled to be sure. On the 03-04 F7 most had room to lean out top end, F6 don't know? Piston wash is hard to see on this motor, best way is to pull head or have a bore scope. start with a 320 jet (to be safe) and 1000 ft runs when you see a gain in rpm you will know you are gaining power check plugs and jet down one size and try again. you should also at least temporarly install a gauge and monitor pressure on WOT runs to get a feel for how the different jets affect top end fuel pressure. On the F7 stock pressure is around 45 and usually safe to take down to 40-41 WOT. if you don't want to screw around with jets you could go with an adjustable set up as well.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Not sure how the 04 is mapped compared to the 05, but the 05F6 is pretty tight on top for fuel. Not rich enough to lean down unless you don't plan on holding it past 600ft. 7's are lean in the mid, rich on top, 6's are rich in the mid, leaner on top.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Most guys run adjustable restrictors..

Mine, D&D PAC, BMP, etc...

The 03s, 04s, 05s all can benefit from them, but the 03/04 sleds are the most likely to be extremely rich on top end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts