Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 03 F7 now but I am concidering a 04 ZR900 snopro how does the 900's power compare to the F7 ?? ( I have one of the fast ones ) but desire the more relaxed riding style of the ZR some one give me some insight on this ?? and what needs to be done to the 04 to make it Ripp Peace Mike

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Originally posted by fastzilla@Sep 29 2005, 12:55 AM
I own a 03 F7 now but I am concidering a 04 ZR900 snopro how does the 900's power compare to the F7 ?? ( I have one of the fast ones ) but desire the more relaxed riding style of the ZR some one give me some insight on this ??  and what needs to be done to the 04 to make it Ripp  Peace  Mike
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=898628
[/quote]

Don't get an 04, Even with Extensive tuning and thousnands spent in testing parts, there still not as fast as other years...

·
Registered
377 Posts
The big complaint on the 04-05s is that they do not have the top end of the 03s. There have been dozens of threads about it on here. It appears the general feeling is the smaller secondary allows the belt to slip causing over-rev at speed. Apparently the diameter of the clutch is so small when shifted out that there is not a large enough bearing surface for the clutch to hold the belt tight. The 06s are supposed to have a larger secondary to elimate this problem.

I will be putting a larger secondary on my 05 and hope it will stop over revving.

PS. It pulls very hard to about 85mph then lays down as it revs to 7800-7900. I belive the motor itself to be VERY strong, but if you can't put it down it doesn't count.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts