·
Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
914 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you do a track swap by chance? Also interested in what rear wheel setup your running.
Yes, I couldn't wait till next year for a 137 XCR so I made my own. The track is a Composit 1.77 x 137. Offset axle with 9" idlers from Wahl bros. and also converted to 2.86 pitch with Avid Products 9 tooth drivers and a gear change to maintain a stock ratio due to the larger drivers.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what’s that blower motor belong in? Lol

I’m rebuilding my boat engine now. Just got everything back from the machine shop.
87 S10, its been dynode at 720 in its current form. That's the limit for the 1000 cfm throttle body that feeds it. More than plenty for the little truck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Show us your INDY XCRs.
Did you paint the bulkhead behind the front suspension? It looks really good, along with the ghost reflector decals. These are things I want to do when time allows. If so, any tips as far as prep and paint? :bc:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you paint the bulkhead behind the front suspension? It looks really good, along with the ghost reflector decals. These are things I want to do when time allows. If so, any tips as far as prep and paint? :bc:
The black on the bulkhead is actually a ceramic based product, which is one of the things my shop does. If you are looking to do your bulkhead I would recommend POR 15 paint (its pretty tough shit) and self etching. For the prep you would have to remove all the components for the front suspension. I removed the a-arms, shocks and skis as a complete assembly, the sway bar and bushings have to be done separately. I also removed the tie rods and powder coated them gloss black. Clean and degrease the bulkhead well, mask everything off and paint.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts