Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
They have heavy screws, that will add another 4-5 grams. They have a little nipple on the end that fits into the hex for the alen tool, filling in that dead space.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Actually....that extended tip they sell is only 1.8 grams.....unless you are stacking them one behind the other...they won't get you much more. Their kit comes with 3 extended tip set screws. Even if you could fit 5 of them one behind the other....it would only get you around 74.5~75 grams total.

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,463 Posts
You can buy 1" long set screws. Can't get any heavier than that. From what I understand guys are still running 8250 maxed out. Should be down at 8000.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
True...from local hardware/bolt supply store...but doesn't really increase the amount THAT much.

The guys running that RPM must be short track/low lug runners on trail?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had a 2019 129" indy 850. 125 track. Got an XCR 850 129 Indy coming.

I used 1.62 Rerton studs with no tunnel protectors and had lots of room. Put on 2250 Miles on.
If you are 220 you will need the heavy springs, I'm 260 with all my equipment and i am in the middle spot

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,644 Posts
You can buy 1" long set screws. Can't get any heavier than that. From what I understand guys are still running 8250 maxed out. Should be down at 8000.
That just spreads the weight out. Doesn't help with adding extra weight only at tip mid or heel. A fella on another site was experimenting with adding tungsten in some short screws for added weight. I lost touch with him. I bought some of those extended tip set screws from McMaster Carr back in 17, before I ever seen any shops selling them. My idea was to get more weight into the actual tip, as the Daltons I had were not threaded all the way to the tip.

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,463 Posts
I hear ya Dave. Like I said, I know I can make them heavier. That doesn't mean it would be ideal though. I hope SLP comes out with a heavier base set.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts