Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting to put together my shopping list for the INDY XCR I have on order, and have a few questions.

1. Does anyone know what gear ratio these will be running? Rick will you have a clutch kit put together for these come mid December?

2. I have been using shimmed pro steer ski's on my 17 XCR 800 and they work ok, minimal darting but has anyone had any luck with any aftermarket skis?

3. Being a bigger guy I am assuming I am going to need the heavy torsion springs, does anyone know the torsion spring rates on the XCR's?

4. Studding, on my 17 XCR I was using 144 1.450 gold diggers with the 1.325" track and no tunnel protectors. On the 2020 Indy will I need tunnel protectors?

5. Anyone have any recommendations on a tunnel bag? I went with the heated windshield bag but am on the ropes if I should get a tunnel bag or not.

Any Other Input from you guys would be awesome.

·
Vendor
10,085 Posts
gearing has been mimicking the 800's i'am pretty sure this will also be the case with the xcr? at the end of the season we geared one down the same as the 800's. this was on a poor performing 850 that struggled to get much pass 100 mph. and this was one of the 850's that our 800 assault beat badly at a local radar run.

this gear down and clutching woke it up big time. the guy said it scares him now. and it's just sick corner to corner.

so yes we will have a clutch kit for this sled using SLP magnum force weights. they will have a heavier base weight out this fall. we want a little early testing to see if we are going to gear these down? some didn't need it in 2019. but these also were all over the place performance wise? 2020 it's said will be much better? time will tell.

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,483 Posts
Hey Rick how did the Magnum force weights work last season on the 850? I'd assume you had them maxed out on set screws? I'll definitely be looking to get a set for my 850. I was hoping they would have a heavier set.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Putting my name on the 'willing to test' sign up sheet...

also lookign for any guidance on setup for freemont friday night run. hopefully my xcr shows up in time...

gearing has been mimicking the 800's i'am pretty sure this will also be the case with the xcr? at the end of the season we geared one down the same as the 800's. this was on a poor performing 850 that struggled to get much pass 100 mph. and this was one of the 850's that our 800 assault beat badly at a local radar run.

this gear down and clutching woke it up big time. the guy said it scares him now. and it's just sick corner to corner.

so yes we will have a clutch kit for this sled using SLP magnum force weights. they will have a heavier base weight out this fall. we want a little early testing to see if we are going to gear these down? some didn't need it in 2019. but these also were all over the place performance wise? 2020 it's said will be much better? time will tell.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Hey Rick how did the Magnum force weights work last season on the 850? I'd assume you had them

Imaxed out on set screws? I'll definitely be looking to get a set for my 850. I was hoping they would have a heavier set.
I would think so. I had mine maxed out or minus 1 depending on conditions. And I just have the pre h.o. 800.

·
Vendor
10,085 Posts
Hey Rick how did the Magnum force weights work last season on the 850? I'd assume you had them maxed out on set screws? I'll definitely be looking to get a set for my 850. I was hoping they would have a heavier set.
yup maxed out and still turning 8250. we have found and confirmed with some eastern Canada drag racers that these 850's perform the best @ 8000-8050 rpm. guys beat the fastest ski-doo in CANADA ice drag to 660' 6.63 for the poo 6.93 for the doo that's a three tenths spanking.

·
Vendor
10,085 Posts
Putting my name on the 'willing to test' sign up sheet...

also lookign for any guidance on setup for freemont friday night run. hopefully my xcr shows up in time...
gearing will be key. gear for 90 mph tops. with over drive figured in. 2 gram heavier weights, full progressive helix 48/42 or a straight 42 helix. red/ blk. driven. 120/290 or 300 finish drive spring. softer compound belt than the stock one. you want to run out of gear 50' max from the finish. a two degree timing key wakes these up also. you didn't hear this from me. it's illegal but there is no tech. Friday nights. everybody is basically cheating.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The Axys love C&As if you’re an aggressive rider.
And ride it first, the XCR is pretty stuff, you might not need different springs.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And ride it first, the XCR is pretty stuff, you might not need different springs.
I have been looking at the C&A's along with the USI x2's as I have used those in the past. I will more than likely run it stock the first year but haydays is right around the corner :whistle:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have been looking at the C&A's along with the USI x2's as I have used those in the past. I will more than likely run it stock the first year but haydays is right around the corner :whistle:

Not sure how your 17 was setup but prosteers can be pretty decent once setup properly

·
Registered
462 Posts

I was just wondering which C&A's you are running and what, if any, effect they have on steering effort and if they eliminate darting/tracking? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I was just wondering which C&A's you are running and what, if any, effect they have on steering effort and if they eliminate darting/tracking? Thanks!!!

XCS which is the crossover model. They’re basically a tamed down version of the XT snocross ski. They get a little nervous on super hard pack but that’s to be expected with an aggressive setup. Also not for the weak shouldered but the extra traction is well worth it. Their trail models that don’t have as much width or keel are the RZ and XPT

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Rick how did the Magnum force weights work last season on the 850? I'd assume you had them

Imaxed out on set screws? I'll definitely be looking to get a set for my 850. I was hoping they would have a heavier set.
I would think so. I had mine maxed out or minus 1 depending on conditions. And I just have the pre h.o. 800.
I have used tungsten powder in my slp weights. It is used for building golf clubs. You can make 65 gram magnum force weights weigh 90 grams. Just fill the cavity with the powder and loctite in a set screw.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I have used tungsten powder in my slp weights. It is used for building golf clubs. You can make 65 gram magnum force weights weigh 90 grams. Just fill the cavity with the powder and loctite in a set screw.
Hmm, interesting. I won't need 90 grams, lol, I wish, but I can use the "heavy" screws and part of the reason is my belt. It added 300+ rpm vs my 1115 polaris belt. 44c4553 Gates belt. I think I am going to look into a new belt this winter. I don't like that Gates. But that is a good tip thanks.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You won't need a stiffer spring in the rear, I had it in my 2019 SB XCR 850 and took it out, way to stiff

Pro XC and pro cc are very different setups. But yeah he probably won’t need stiffer springs

·
Registered
462 Posts
XCS which is the crossover model. They’re basically a tamed down version of the XT snocross ski. They get a little nervous on super hard pack but that’s to be expected with an aggressive setup. Also not for the weak shouldered but the extra traction is well worth it. Their trail models that don’t have as much width or keel are the RZ and XPT
Thanks! Nice Sled!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts