Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched here and googled and couldnt find an answer. Does anyone know if this sled has the connector already run by Polaris like some other sleds do. For this setup you just buy the cord with connector on one end and then simply remove the the plastic to locate the connector that it plugs in to. Saw video on youtube of someone installing on their 800 (AXYS) ...but can’t seem to find if my sled has that same connector run at the factory

·
Administrator
20,815 Posts
If you have the actual Polaris kit, which is the accessory cord with the white, flat end connector on one end and the plug with the rubber grommet on the other end ... the accessory plug-in most use is under the cowling between the gas cap and the seat. Loosen the big nut on the gas tank, under the cap, and then there's a handful of fastener darts. You should be able to pull up on the cowling to expose the accessory plug-in in the black velcro bag that's seated between the gas tank cap and seat. Run the cord up to either the handlebar "pad" over the gooseneck and drill a hole to insert the rubber grommet .... or you can drill a hole in the cowling and insert there.

Reactions: cfm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bontz. I tried to remove the plastic to see if the plug is there. But there are two T12 bolts to remove and I didn’t have the correct size T12 wrench. That’s when I decided to post here to see if anyone knew offhand. I’m going to order full set of T12s as ive been meaning to anyways. So eventually I’ll have my answer.

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,627 Posts
850 has a different plug than the white 800 plug. If you got the correct one from the dealer it should plug right in.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
That is the correct Polaris RCA receptacle kit for Titan, 850 & 650 with the Power Boosting Regulator (PBR) Electrical system.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
139 Posts
Polaris always does a very thorough job with their instructions.
That said, it looks like more than a 30 minute job.
I’d hate to be working against the labor allowances Polaris gives.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
139 Posts
Just finished wiring mine from the battery with the harness that came with the shield. Took 10 minutes and didn’t have to take half the sled apart.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Just finished wiring mine from the battery with the harness that came with the shield. Took 10 minutes and didn’t have to take half the sled apart.
I hope you wired in a couple amp. fuse.

I've seen wiring going up to the RCA receptacle, that was not fused, and got a short somewhere in the cord, or had an extension cord that had center pin hit chassis metal, and the whole wire cable, acted like primacord, got so hot it melted into whatever plastic it was laying on top of.

Reactions: cfm

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Not my first rodeo. Yes there is a fuse.
Sorry, your number of rodeos is not in your signature. I haven't gone to a rodeo for a while.

The fact that you wisely used a fuse in the positive lead, close to the battery, was not in your post. The wiring harness in your kit, does not include a fuse, since it plugs into the main sled harness, which is already fuse protected. I try not to assume, for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can’t stand wires hanging off me.. Figure out why you are fogging up and fix that issue. You DONT need a heated visor.

You are either

1. overdressed and your face is sweating making moisture

or

2. You are breathing on the shield and fogging it.

Plenty of fixes for both without heating visor making situation worse.

This is why there is no factory port.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts