Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

I am considering a Indy 600 sp 129 for my wife and son to share. I can get a 2020 studded with remainder of 4 year warranty. Its a demo from my dealer with 138 kms on it. Its roughly $1600.00 below retail. Anybody with experience with these? Also this was the price on it this past weekend so maybe less with 21 s released.

·
Registered
2016 ZR6000 (for now....)
1,487 Posts
It's got Fox Zero Pros on it and a non-painted tunnel and rails. A friend of mine has an Switchback SP 600 and it is a good sled. But I guess it all depends on what you expect out of it. If you like to bash moguls, then it is not the sled for you. Perfectly fine as a cruiser.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I had the sp 121 a couple years ago for my wife. It was a great sled. No problems on it at all. Good reliable sled.

Nothing fancy by any means.

·
Registered
2016 ZR6000 (for now....)
1,487 Posts
Just to clarify, my friend's SP is a 2018. I have not paid close attention since, but I now see they have Polaris IFP shocks on them, which is a lower cost copy of the Fox.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I test rode a brand new 2020 Indy 600 SP at the beginning of the season. For the price, it's really hard to beat it (Ski Doo MXZ TNT 600R is the only thing that comes close).

The 600 is a good motor - reliable, good running, good starting, good power. I also liked the seating position.

For me, the ride was a bit stiff and the inside ski liked to lift. I'm sure those things would be corrected if I'd bought it. Those were about the only negatives.

It will wheelie, if you want it to. But it has a throttle delay that reminds me of a carb'd engine. That makes it a lot more forgiving for beginners or people who don't ride a lot.

It's a good base-model sled. With a little experimenting, I'm sure you'd be able to tune the suspension the way you want it. As a carry over with potential for a rebate this spring, it's really hard to turn down the price (if you're in the market).

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,675 Posts
Hey folks

I am considering a Indy 600 sp 129 for my wife and son to share. I can get a 2020 studded with remainder of 4 year warranty. Its a demo from my dealer with 138 kms on it. Its roughly $1600.00 below retail. Anybody with experience with these? Also this was the price on it this past weekend so maybe less with 21 s released.
I'd double check about that 4 year warranty.

Reactions: potatodigger1

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have been thinking the same thing for my girlfriend, does anyone know if the rear skid is the same as the XC? My concern is the non adjustable shocks... but if the rear skid is the same and I can swap rear adjustable shocks it would be perfect. I can get one out the door for just over 10k on a 137.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Not the same skid as the newer xx 129/137 sleds. Basically the same rear skid from the iq, fusion and possibly the edge days. But the SP model should have decent rebuild- able fox shocks, where the standard 600 has the non rebuild-able oil shocks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not the same skid as the newer xx 129/137 sleds. Basically the same rear skid from the iq, fusion and possibly the edge days. But the SP model should have decent rebuild- able fox shocks, where the standard 600 has the non rebuild-able oil shocks.
I think you are confusing the indy sp 129 with the old procross indy 121/144
The new indy sp 129 has the same pro cc skid has Xc 129. Only the shocks differ (IFP vs Walkers)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Perfect, I thought I seen that on Polaris site but I just wanted to double check.
The new indy sp 129 has the same pro cc skid has Xc 129. Only the shocks differ (IFP vs Walkers)

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
You are correct sir, sorry for my mistake. Guess I missed the 2020 part from the OP.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,675 Posts
Procross? Thats a Cat chassis. Indy 121 has the Pro R front end.

·
Premium Member
4,552 Posts
So we all agree that MY20 600 INDY SP, has the Pro-CC rear suspension, same as the other MY20 and MY21 Indy sleds. A good rear suspension, that has a lot of different shocks that will fit it. Hope that carryover demo got bought.

Reactions: geez150
1 - 16 of 16 Posts