Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , I have a Indy 800 xc 129 currently running the 1.5” track wanting to go to a 2” but I’m looking to see if anyone has done it ? I’m not looking for speed and I know it’s not going to compare to a long track but I like having fun and doing wheelies lol just kinda wondering it it will work to go that big I know I’ll have to gear it ans clutch it also

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I would say it will work but going to be hard on hyfax and easy to over heat on trail. A hurricane 1.75 or even a ripsaw ll 1.5” may work better. I ran a 1.6” ice cobra on mine a thought it was plenty of track.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If doing wheelies is your main reason for installing one, I can tell you that you'll be breaking lugs and replacing the track sooner than later.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Backcountry or Hurricane 1.75 is the track for you. They eat powder and still do very well on trail
Backcountry is great at accelerating in a straight line and off-trail, but you have to brake or corner at some point when trail riding, at which time its straight lug design become a liability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t do much trail if any at all , so the backcountry worked good for me in the past

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don’t do much trail if any at all , so the backcountry worked good for me in the past
If you don't trail ride and will be buying a new track anyhow, why not get rail extenders and get a 137" track? Seems you're limiting your off-trail fun with a 129...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts