Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 15 Indy 600 sits at about 5200 miles, so I’m planning maintenance for this summer. Planning to do fuel filter, replace jackshaft & driveshaft bearings, and reeds. Will check compression, too.

Anything else you guys recommend?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
My 15 Indy 600 sits at about 5200 miles, so I’m planning maintenance for this summer. Planning to do fuel filter, replace jackshaft & driveshaft bearings, and reeds. Will check compression, too.

Anything else you guys recommend?[/QUOT
Replace all track bearings.
Replace the belt,primary and secondary springs.
Clean VES valves.
Inspect piston ring landings. Might be a good time to replace the Pistons.
Send injectors out for cleaning.
Replace in-tank fuel pucks and filter.
I would leave upper Jack shaft bearings alone if they were greased. Mine were good at 6000 but I replaced them anyways. Definitely do lower drive shaft bearings,replace chain case oil and adjust chain.
Remove and replace spark plugs.
did you turn your oil pump up and vent the oil cap? Should be running 45 to 50 to 1.I would make sure you're running that oil ratio otherwise you prematurely potentially wear out brass water pump oil pump gear prematurely.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Other indy maintenance include, rebuild your primary completely as per nsr, change out your
carbides if needed, test your battery for cold cranking amps and voltage in general, inspect your track, grease, lubricate your track adjustment bolts with anti-seize, pull out your ski bolts completely and lubricate them as well as inside, measure your ski alignment, steering alignment, lubricate the electrical connections, and wrench every bolt from head to tail,
especially the steering components, lubricate your brake cable and fun flipper, clean your
drive clutches with brake kleener etc Grease your chassis and pump out old gas, inspect
your drive belt, also inspect and test your shocks, inspect your coolant level and test fluid,
also inspect brake fluid. .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts