Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lake has lots of ice, 8 inches on tuesday. An inch or two of snow on it right now. For thoses that want to run their sleds and don't want to trailer it many hours to find snow.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It would be shorter for me to travel through Cambridge Narrows to the old Trans Canada and then get on route 690 and go through Lakeville Corner. Is there access to the lake from the south side and a place to park?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
the only place to go right now is at the end of the grub road.20 km from fort nashwaak motel to grub road (hwy #10 to minto)right on grub road stay straight for 10 km can`t miss it.

the south parts of the lakes would definatly not be safe yet and iffy at the best of times . don`t need anybody drowning .too many inlets that don`t freeze that we usually drive around.

at the end of the grub is deadwater and shallow ,that is why it freezes first.

i will be there testing also

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was out this afternoon, awsome going. Drove over most of the lake.
I measured the exact distances.
18 km's out route, from the intersection of route 8 meets route 10. Then turn right at the Grub road sign. Drive 9 km's out the Grub, don't take any turn off's, the road drives strait into the lake.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I made a quick map. Hope this helps

[attachment=277212:Indian_Lake.jpg][/b]
Good map. The Grub road is'nt a complicated as the map would make it look. There is only one intersection that is about half way in the Grub road, just drive strait through it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well?? how did everyone make out? Everybody get their stuff broke in and put a couple miles on?? what all went on there??[/b]
Not alot of anything went on, not enough people taken the interest to show up. Conditions are awsome.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Well?? how did everyone make out? Everybody get their stuff broke in and put a couple miles on?? what all went on there??[/b]
well cory i got a lesson on how not to set up a suspension....hit the gas ,on the bumper,on my ass hard about 60` out...good thing cats always land on there feet or the tcat would be junk.lol

got to redrill limiters to get skid up more .asphalt setup did not really work to good on ice.

feel like a horse kick me in the ass today,can`t sit down

anyway get that prostock up here to try ,traction is real good lol

happy new year

1 - 20 of 29 Posts