Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dynotech Research Confirms what we already knew!

The Bikeman Ski-Doo 850 exhaust system is the best on the market to add to a stock machine. The Bikeman Bolt on Performance kit which includes BMP Y-Pipe, Fat Azz Pipe, PC5 and clutching is the best performing kit on a stock machine. Not only is the kit the highest HP and Torque it also was the only pipe tested that maintains power on consecutive runs. The Bikeman pipe stays strong while the others fade. Another great feature of the Bikeman Fat Azz Pipe is the interchangeable stinger that easily adapts for big bores, drag racing, high elevation powder or flat out lake racing giving you the most power possible from your pipe in any condition you ride. The testing at dynotech was done with the stock fuel curve and found to be very stable we still recommend that you add a PC5 to sustain power for extremely long pulls over a minute. Call Bikeman today to reserve yours today!

Lots of comments worrying about this set up causing more noise and it will not.

This performance set up is designed to run through the stock muffler as well.

The performance package will have less db than a stock sled at all RPM and throttle position when going through the stock muffler.

The Bikeman FatAzz Pipe utilizes an internal stinger which bounces the majority of the sound wave back towards the engine and less of the wave exits into the muffler. By doing this the amplitude of the wave exiting the muffler is decreased as well.

Bottom line - Our Tuned pipe and Y-Pipe is not illegal and will not cause trails to be shut down.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
How much more does it pull with the 911? Pump gas still at low elevation? I’d be interested in what a fully done up BB would do with the gains pipes by themselves made this year

·
Registered
347 Posts
That "market" for trail guys is the problem. Let's close some more trails. I have nothing against the engineering, or gains, but marketing it to the general public is causing problems.
This setup uses the stock can / silencer so it’ll be virtually identical sound as stock. Cans close trails not pipes....around here I rarely hear of a trail closed due to sound anyways, it’s almost always people screwing around off the trails or quads that aren’t supposed to be there anyways

·
Registered
142 Posts
This setup uses the stock can / silencer so it’ll be virtually identical sound as stock. Cans close trails not pipes....around here I rarely hear of a trail closed due to sound anyways, it’s almost always people screwing around off the trails or quads that aren’t supposed to be there anyways
I would be willing to bet that those pipes are louder than stock. Any race pipe that I've seen are always more free flowing which = louder.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That "market" for trail guys is the problem. Let's close some more trails. I have nothing against the engineering, or gains, but marketing it to the general public is causing problems.
Thank you for bringing up a valid misconception that pipes make sleds louder.

The best part about this system is that it is actually less db than the stock pipe which has no internal stinger. The Bikeman pipe does use an internal stinger which reflects a stronger sound wave back towards the engine and less of it exits the pipe into the muffler.

The mufflers are what make the exhaust louder. our trail muffler with this pipe is no louder than stock below 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much more does it pull with the 911? Pump gas still at low elevation? I’d be interested in what a fully done up BB would do with the gains pipes by themselves made this year

Here is a video showing the Bikeman 911 kit with pipe in action.

https://youtu.be/PHcfTlimgDU

·
Registered
354 Posts

The best part about this system is that it is actually less db than the stock pipe which has no internal stinger. The Bikeman pipe does use an internal stinger which reflects a stronger sound wave back towards the engine and less of it exits the pipe into the muffler.

The mufflers are what make the exhaust louder. our trail muffler with this pipe is no louder than stock below 7000 rpm.
So, are you saying that none of the mufflers you manufacture are louder than stock OEM?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I would be willing to bet that those pipes are louder than stock. Any race pipe that I've seen are always more free flowing which = louder.
Because they have a stinger, which is an open pipe, no muffler. A pipe, or known as an expansion chamber, does not increase or decrease "noise". The muffler, silencer or "can" is what reduces the "noise", because it's a muffler. Follow?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, are you saying that none of the mufflers you manufacture are louder than stock OEM?
We do have off trail/race mufflers which are extremely loud. The items in this post do not need the muffler to be changed from stock. So we can run the performance expansion pipe through the stock muffler resulting in a lower db output than the sled has stock. The reason it would be lower db than stock is the pipe has a tube that extends into the belly of the pipe aka "internal stinger" this results in less noise escaping from the outlet.

I understand that the word stinger is sometimes used to describe a muffler in parts of Canada. The use of the word stinger is not used in that context here. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
354 Posts
We do have off trail/race mufflers which are extremely loud. The items in this post do not need the muffler to be changed from stock. So we can run the performance expansion pipe through the stock muffler resulting in a lower db output than the sled has stock. The reason it would be lower db than stock is the pipe has a tube that extends into the belly of the pipe aka "internal stinger" this results in less noise escaping from the outlet.

I understand that the word stinger is sometimes used to describe a muffler in parts of Canada. The use of the word stinger is not used in that context here. Sorry for any confusion.
Problem is, those race and off-trail cans make it onto sleds that are used in locations that cause problems, and hurt the sport. Why not engineer even the race and off trail cans, to be quiet? Kids, especially, often bolt them on BECAUSE of their volume. Would love to see the manufacturers make an effort in this area.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Depends what gauge steel those pipes are made of. Thinner the gauge they will be louder.
If any company designs a thin gauge pipe they won’t be in business long. They’ll burn out in a hurry, pipes get ridiculously hot.

I stand by my earlier comment, pipes don’t make sleds appreciably louder, cans do :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

So what happens after 7000 rpm?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So what happens after 7000 rpm?
above 7k it is 5db louder. While in my cabin and I have someone drive the sled by on the lake at WOT I can barely hear it. Keep in mind a stock sled is not much different.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Problem is, those race and off-trail cans make it onto sleds that are used in locations that cause problems, and hurt the sport. Why not engineer even the race and off trail cans, to be quiet? Kids, especially, often bolt them on BECAUSE of their volume. Would love to see the manufacturers make an effort in this area.
Manufacturers are in the business to make money. If there is a market for loud cans, which we can probably both agree that there is, then loud cans will be manufactured.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts