Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of a good stereo shop whiten 25 miles of lagrange. i want to add another multi ch. amp. and have a costom sub box built for the back of my super cab super duty. looking to have something built that will fit on the floor in the middle and hold one 12" square sub. looking for a good shop with a solid rep.

trackstand

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's a ways for you, but there is a place called Jansen's a little bit west of Freeport Illinois that does EXCELLENT work. He's small, but he's been there forever, and has an excellent reputation.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
i wouldnt put a 12" square sub in a truck thay need a alot of box to sound good
if you got the $$$ jl audio ws7 10in will rock that turck harded then any 12 would
and if you want just enuf bass to full in the gap and not pound out windows

jlWo3 10in
needs little room something like 1.2 cub feet of box space and thay sound good in a sealed box

thats what i got in my 96 gmc and sounds nice

and it all can be found on ebay alot cheeper then the shops

·
Registered
Switchback Assault 800
951 Posts
It's a ways for you, but there is a place called Jansen's a little bit west of Freeport Illinois that does EXCELLENT work. He's small, but he's been there forever, and has an excellent reputation.[/b]
Freeport! are you kidding? 6 million people living in the CHicago metro area and i bet several of them had some stereo work done. Got to be one closer than Freeport.

There used to be a place called Jessups in Lagrange park on 31st Street. dont know anyone that had stereo work done there but i've taken several work vehicles to their shop for repairs and they were always fair.

Another place in Westmont, it was years ago that i was there. i think it was called Sound Impulse or something. It used to be on Ogden. I havent lived in that area for several years now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
TRY GIVING THESE GUYS A CALL, THERE ARE KNOWN AS THE BEST WITHIN 100 MILES, THAY CARRY ALPINE,JL AUDIO,KICKER,CLARION,MTX AND MORE...THE HEAD INSTALLER HAS OVER 12 YEARS IN THE INDUSTRY.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try Soundz Good they are located on the North Side of Chicago on the 34 or 3500 block of Western Avenue. Ask for Bob he's the owner. He does nice work, but he is a bit pricey. Whatever you do stay away from the Sound Advantage. There also is ABT in Glenview, they are just a drive up 294 for you. Hope this helps. :banana:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts