Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who do i call,fax, or email to get this ????
i have tried an email to arctic cat and have gotten nothing back.
waiting two months,i know they are probably busy,but i need to know if i sent my
email to the right place.

why aree sleds so dam cheep in the US ????

are the manufacturers ripping us off that much ????

thanks for you're help,jason.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I purchased a sled ( Yamaha ) in the US, the dealer just went on line and go the recall notices.

I would just check with a dealer that sells the sled you are importing.

·
Registered
646 Posts
waiting two months,i know they are probably busy,but i need to know if i sent my

thanks for you're help,jason.[/b]
Phone Arctic cat in Winnipeg 2-3 week wait

·
Registered
7,348 Posts

thanks for you're help,jason.[/b]
Did you try the number I gave you? I'm pretty sure that was it.

Sleds are cheaper in the US for a few reasons, one of them because of diminishing snow amounts in some states, another being sleds cost alot more new in Canada. As for ripping us off, everyone has their own opinion...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Was it a private deal or a dealer? Got my 06 XF last year in N.D. in a private sale and got no help from AC on the Recall letter so I tracked down the original dealer. They were good enough to email a letter on their company letterhead even though there was no compensation to them and that did the trick.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just phone Arctic Cat here in Winnipeg, look them up online or in the phone book. Mine took about 7 business days last October, and I needed 3. My experience, the nicer you are, the faster they come.

Why are sleds cheaper in the US? There is no opinion Delgaty, only facts. The manufacturers have not adjusted their pricing for the currency changes that have taken place over the last 18 to 24 months. Lack of snow has nothing to do with it... do the research, a comparable US made sled 2 years ago was cheaper than it is now in the USA. Sled prices have either stayed the same or have gone up over the last 2 years - with the exception of carryovers, which of course will be less money or they wouldn't sell them.

Think about it, when our dollar was worth $0.75 USD, a sled that sold for about $8,500.00 in the USA sold for about $10,500 to $11,000 here for the 2006 model year. Now that our dollar is worth $0.97 to $1.00 a sled that sells for $8,500.00 in USA SHOULD sell for about $9,000 in Canada. There is some extra shipping costs (maybe) and of course our wonderful governments RIV fee ($200.00) - but anybody that truly beleives Canadians are getting a fair deal are simply not doing the math.

Harleys have come down in price with the dollar. Electronics have come down in price with the dollar. Passenger vehicles are finally coming down in price with the dollar. Many, many other products pricing has adjusted with the dollar... Why not sleds and ATVs? The answer: because we are getting screwed, and not enough people will get together and do something about it.

How can anybody truly believe that "sleds cost alot more new in Canada"? How does it cost more? The only factor different from USA and Canada is maybe shipping (but they ship ATVs fron MN to CA, that's farther than MB - so I'm not buying that either) and for sure the RIV fee - which is $200.00. It is the same product, made in the same factory, and in many cases on the same day... how can it cost $2,500 to $3,000.00 more in Canada?

It's pretty simple, and until the manufacturers wake up and smell the cow shit, I'll continue to buy my stuff in the USA. And don't bother giving me the "well what are you going to do when your dealer isn't here to serve you anymore" - because it is NOT THE CONSUMERS FAULT for the dealers problems right now - it is the manufacturers. Consumers do not set the prices, manufacturers do.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Just phone Arctic Cat here in Winnipeg, look them up online or in the phone book. Mine took about 7 business days last October, and I needed 3. My experience, the nicer you are, the faster they come.

Why are sleds cheaper in the US? There is no opinion Delgaty, only facts. The manufacturers have not adjusted their pricing for the currency changes that have taken place over the last 18 to 24 months. Lack of snow has nothing to do with it... do the research, a comparable US made sled 2 years ago was cheaper than it is now in the USA. Sled prices have either stayed the same or have gone up over the last 2 years - with the exception of carryovers, which of course will be less money or they wouldn't sell them.

Think about it, when our dollar was worth $0.75 USD, a sled that sold for about $8,500.00 in the USA sold for about $10,500 to $11,000 here for the 2006 model year. Now that our dollar is worth $0.97 to $1.00 a sled that sells for $8,500.00 in USA SHOULD sell for about $9,000 in Canada. There is some extra shipping costs (maybe) and of course our wonderful governments RIV fee ($200.00) - but anybody that truly beleives Canadians are getting a fair deal are simply not doing the math.

Harleys have come down in price with the dollar. Electronics have come down in price with the dollar. Passenger vehicles are finally coming down in price with the dollar. Many, many other products pricing has adjusted with the dollar... Why not sleds and ATVs? The answer: because we are getting screwed, and not enough people will get together and do something about it.

How can anybody truly believe that "sleds cost alot more new in Canada"? How does it cost more? The only factor different from USA and Canada is maybe shipping (but they ship ATVs fron MN to CA, that's farther than MB - so I'm not buying that either) and for sure the RIV fee - which is $200.00. It is the same product, made in the same factory, and in many cases on the same day... how can it cost $2,500 to $3,000.00 more in Canada?

It's pretty simple, and until the manufacturers wake up and smell the cow shit, I'll continue to buy my stuff in the USA. And don't bother giving me the "well what are you going to do when your dealer isn't here to serve you anymore" - because it is NOT THE CONSUMERS FAULT for the dealers problems right now - it is the manufacturers. Consumers do not set the prices, manufacturers do.[/b]
I didn't mean what I said to be a bash against people who think they are ripping us off, I just know alot of people on here, some of which would be pissed if I said it is a rip off, others who would be pissed if I said it's not a rip off. Just coverin' muh bee-hind.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
If you imported this sled already and have not got a letter for RIV for 2 months after you entered it into canada, I dont think you have to worry about the RIV deal, I know of many sleds and atv's that have been imported that riv never sent the people any kind of letters to get the inspections done. So the people just went and licenced them with a bill of sale from out of province(easy to make up) and guess what NO PROBLEMS. The government cant keep track of all these imports, last year RIV's fax machine never worked half the time. If they are not hasseling you, don't even worry about it. And if they do come looking some day tell them you did it online, but the computer must have screwed up. that's always there excuse when I call RIV.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
ALSO

I seen one last week and the RIV fee was stroked off and they paid NO fee at the border because the inspector seen the TRANSPORT CANADA sticker on the side of the NEW sled.

see section 16 B on the import form Non-Commmercial importation - new canadian specification vehicle bearing a valid canadian compliance label.
[attachment=416922:scanner.jpg]

·
Registered
646 Posts
Can someone post up the # to call? Looks like I may be a future cat owner :)[/b]

2-3 weeks for the letter brought one over in November Arctic cat 982-1772

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
They want 48 hours to process your RIV form before they'll do anything.[/b]
Call them after the 48 hour period and ask them to email you the form they sent me mine while I was talking to them on the phone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Call them after the 48 hour period and ask them to email you the form they sent me mine while I was talking to them on the phone.[/b]
well this nice to no guys. nov 26 i start this shit phoned yamaha 15 fuckin times still nothing. Idon't no what to do now.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Phone Yamaha Canada they are helping people out within the hour while Yamaha USA is taking weeks and months.

By the way in August each year Yamaha auctions off its leftover inventory and repossessions to dealers, they get sleds for a song eg. new 2007 Apex GTs went for $6,200 a large dealer sold them to public for $6,800.

·
Registered
90 Posts
thats what happens to arctic cat you wait[/b]
Not true, Arctic Cat is pretty good, 2 weeks most of the time, max 3. Yamaha US is terrible, took me 6 weeks. And they mailed it instead of faxing it as requested which cost me another week. Apparently Yamaha Canada is much better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts