Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving a Rev 800 thru the twisties and thru the bumps......I am sorry to say I liked my friends Rev 800 a whole lot more than my F7 standard.(400 miles) So I'm trading in my F7 if they will take it ...if not I will spring check 1 for next year. Ski Doo is coming out witha 800 h.o.???
Rick

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sorry about your luck! Maybe you'll re-bump your head before then. LOL. :lol: :lol: Just Kiddin'. If thats what ya want then do it. Fact is these things cost a pile so ya might as well ride the one ya really want. No hard feelings here. B)

A

·
0 Posts
don't talk about it to much or rob will toss you out. i did the same thing drove the rev on a saturday and was driving a rev by tuesday the next week.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by andyf7@Jan 3 2003, 10:34 AM
don't talk about it to much or rob will toss you out. i did the same thing drove the rev on a saturday and was driving a rev by tuesday the next week.
Andy, you seem to be causing yourself the problems...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hey Rick, just an idea here. You guys will take it on the chin trading in at this point. I know of guys on here that are selling/trading REVs to buy Firecats. Why don't you put a post in Classifieds about working out a personal trade with one of the REV owners? Marc

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great idea Mark...
I was speaking to the dealership and they said to put an ad in the paper because he had skid oo people looking for F7's...wtf....makes me laugh.....theres a sled out there for everyone.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
You wont find the ho in the 800 rev. Doo said so themselves. Only works in high elavations! Revs Suck in my opionion anyway!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by zl5600@Jan 3 2003, 12:44 PM
You wont find the ho in the 800 rev. Doo said so themselves. Only works in high elavations! Revs Suck in my opionion anyway!
Yea, I don't like it either. Feel like you are humping the bars!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
well if you like ugly sled they are the way to go lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Good Luck and buy the 5 gallon tour buddy gas tank for the back. 7-9 mpg and only holds 10 gallons. New snow tech mag got 75-90 miles per tank.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i would like to see the f7 next year with the new 440 rear ergos, seams to tip you forward and up just a little, not to the extreme of the rev,
o-well can't have it all, but it would be nice
i'd like to sit just a little higher, but that seat wedge makes the seat cover look like shit!!
the seat needs to stay flatter or sew some sand paper to the seat to keep your balls off the tank

·
Registered
430 Posts
As a matter of fact I just rode a Rev today a 600 HO this thing turns on the dime I was impressed. My F7 also turns on a dime and had a much lighter fell to it and of corse has way more power. I also found that the F7 has much better wind protection. I will stay with a F7 if you are unhappy with yours there is so much suspension tunning you can do with this thing it is unreal. I love my F7.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by snowmobill@Jan 3 2003, 03:50 PM
I also found that the F7 has much better wind protection.
That is big time true. When I ride a REV at speed, I can actually feel the material on my coat shoulders flapping in the wind. My buddy and I are headed to Quebec in a couple weeks, he may get a real cold weather test...Marc

·
Registered
743 Posts
I rode a new rev wile it did handel well, I did not like the fact that you have to sit like that all the time, you cant put your legs out in front of you, on my f7 I can put them in front of me or up under me if i want, I dont no Just me i guess

·
Registered
829 Posts
Originally posted by Mainecat@Jan 3 2003, 01:23 PM
Good Luck and buy the 5 gallon tour buddy gas tank for the back. 7-9 mpg and only holds 10 gallons. New snow tech mag got 75-90 miles per tank.
Your right. The milage SUCKS bigtime. They also said it was slow on the lake. If I had to buy a REV I would get the 600 X no doubt, Bombadier Has the 600 ho dailed in great. However the rear suspention needs some work. I think the artic cat 900 is the most reliable sled out there but the rev 600 may be a little more reliable than the F7(Based on Snow techs 4,500 mile review and other mags) but that depends on SOOOO many things. IE who's riding it and mantainance, Conditions you ride EXC.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I rode my buddies 600 HO REV a couple of weeks ago and while I thought it handled great through the medium junk I didn't like it through the big moguls. I was bottoming the front suspension (ski's) which I have never had happen on my Cats. My knees started aching after about 10 miles-it started to get pretty uncomfortable. I think it's a good sled if it fits your riding style though. I'm just trying to get my buddy to come up on the lake so I can point out the Rev's glaring descrepencies. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
I like to transition from sitting to standing alot. That is the main reason I bought the F7 over the ZR-900. Thought maybe I messed up when I first sat on the REV last spring but after riding it when I stand I rack my nuggies on that funky handlebar. I do like the riding position for a short while though I think the long rides would get uncomfortable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts