Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i go 80 miles on FINALLY got some snow. Today i checked the rear stiffness on my zl and f5 (std.) and there is a big difference the zl is stiffer and they r both still at stock settings that pisses me off i thought the f5 would be at least a little stiffer. now i know for sure that im gunna have to revalve my f5.

who has revalved or made there susp. stiffer could u give me some info. on what works the best

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
yup my f-7 same way as your f-5 way to soft !! watch them bumps it will send ya for a wild ride :wacko:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an F7 standard which is also way too soft. I have the rear torsion springs at their max setting and also cranked up the pre-load on the skid front shock. Set the bump stops to their highest setting too. This helped enormously but still to soft. Ultimately, the shocks need to revalved. (I think the rear skid shock is completely useless as it is) Next, I'm going to raise the limiter straps to try to combat the squirly front end. (result of cranking up the pre-load on the ski shocks I think)

I've at least got mine close to where I can ride it for the rest of the season with out having to dump more money into my brand new sled. :blink:

Good Luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you like to ride hard in the rough, the 2001 sno pro cross country valving is purrfect. I have used that valving ever since having that sno pro and its right on.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Feb 6 2003, 08:33 AM
they offered a sno-pro package, do you remember?
What's your point?... :huh:
There's no reason for a performance sled to be softer than a trail cruiser. Sno-Pro or not! <_<

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't get it. I weigh 220 and my rear torsion spring is still on the lowest setting. I bottomed my rear suspension a few times but that was ringing it out over some pretty bad stuff. It seems that if you get your speed up you just end up skipping off top of the bumps. I am going to try to step it up to setting 2 and try it out. After coming off a 2001 T-cat this F7 is a dream. My buddy is getting a black F7 Sno-Pro, so I get to try that one out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I weigh 200 lbs and have my f-7 sno-pro set on the softest settings with the couplers on #3 and rarely do I bottom, and I ride hard. I have had a zr and a bm limited with clickers and they still were not near as stiff as the f-7.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My wife weighs 135( I did'nt say that) & i have her suspension set on the highest setting,..she says it's perfect. B) F-7 standard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts