Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thats it. I am selling my sled and trailer and buying an atv. it is now listed in the classifieds. This sport is too expensive to get so little out of it. Anyone have an atv they want to trade for an F7?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats probably why I still keep tuning my 97 sled with 9000 miles on it, and bought a quad in 2002. Luv sledding- nothing beats the rush when you come out of a corner and nail it. But- can't justify a new sled either.
Keep your sled and Buy a quad.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I agree in thinking that this will be a great year to buy a used sled... I have a friend that just called me the other day with tthe same news... There Out!!!

For me, I can't be out.... Sleddin is the only thing that keeps me sane. All other sports (I mountain bike & a little bit of 4 wheeling, along with sailing) Just simply fill the void until the frost sets in. So here is my solution: I made a pack this year (call it a new year resolution if you want) that if this weather pattern keeps it's hold on Ontario for the next 2 sledding seasons (this one not included).... Then I will be moving to Alberta, The wife is game (she can transfer to CTV-Edmonton or Calgary)... Hell I even have a couple friends that are pretty kean on the idea. I figure it's the best of 2 worlds, You have the flat land riding (though not the trail system of the OFSC) and if that isn't workin your only a couple hour drive into the mountians. The way I look at it is there can't be a bad year, hell I would drive 2 hours to ride on a weeknight right now.

So there you go, I have always said I would travel to the snow... If need by, apparently I will even move to it!!!! :div20:

Keep praying for snow, We still have lots of time left for this season in Ontario!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I hate to say this but the world has changed and snow is not part of the new one that is coming our way more and more. I have seen this weather far to often to know that this is just a fluke. If you haven't watched the movie/documentory "An Inconvienent Truth" then you better because the politicians are now starting to clue in that their world is also going to change if they don't start doing something really quick. We have had things to good for to long and now we are going to start paying for it the hard way.

I just feel sorry for our Kid's because they will be living this shit from now on.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Some of you guys are in denile......

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't sell the sleds boys I've been there and done that,you will be sorry.
Start off with a good used entry level quad to get into the quad sport,unless you have the big coin like TVBrian.
Gashton------You lookin for a sport or 4x4 quad???

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
I hate to say this but the world has changed and snow is not part of the new one that is coming our way more and more. I have seen this weather far to often to know that this is just a fluke. If you haven't watched the movie/documentory "An Inconvienent Truth" then you better because the politicians are now starting to clue in that their world is also going to change if they don't start doing something really quick. We have had things to good for to long and now we are going to start paying for it the hard way.

I just feel sorry for our Kid's because they will be living this shit from now on.[/b]
:banghead:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Don't sell the sleds boys I've been there and done that,you will be sorry.
Start off with a good used entry level quad to get into the quad sport,unless you have the big coin like TVBrian.
Gashton------You lookin for a sport or 4x4 quad???[/b]

Nice I like that Gummy... Tell you what, Since I have more money than I know what to do with, I'll make you a deal.

Meet me in the Ganny, I'll bring all the fuel and oil your SnoPro can go through in a day... You just bring the snow!!!!

:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Boys I know alot of you have the luxury of opening the garage door and riding but me being from southern ont, i have to trailer them. In a couple of weeks drive farther north and fricken ride. i have to drive between 6 and 9 hours to get to my fav spots all winter and its worth every hour in the truck once you unload. Buy,borrow or steal a trailer and go north! Besides that the trails are wider faster. Like the guy said earlier it will come. We live in Ont. have you ever seen a winter when you could'nt ride? We all want to ride but no need to start selling your shit.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
We live in Ont. have you ever seen a winter when you could'nt ride?[/b]
There is always a first.

I can't ride from my garage. :dunno:

We have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to the cottage on the weekend to be able to ride (well in normal years :banghead: ).

P.S - how much snow do you guys expect to get that far South.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
STFU already!

You were bitching like this last year as well. We didn't have groomed trails till the end of Jan last year... 3-4 weeks away. Quit being a crybaby.

RM[/b]
1 of 2....

Fuk, you think I'm happy about it!?! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
More quitters means more room for me on the trails. Do as you wish, I hate this weather too, and am also upset at seing all my money going down the toilet, but I earned to spend it, and I can tell you, looking at my sled, even if it's in the garage, brings more satisfaction and happy thoughts than most anything else around, so i'm sticking it out, just means i'll have more years in between having to buy new sleds, not the worst thing in the world to have to worry about.

·
Registered
874 Posts
How's this:

Winter of '99/'00 I rode 1 weekend in Apsley & did a 7 day trip north out of Capreol for a grand total of about 1600 hundred miles. Did I get rid of the sled? No.

The following season, as any of you that live on the Ridges may remember, we got dumped on. Port Perry & Uxbridge was getting 6" every few days in December. I had a new '01 MXZ 600 that I rode from Uxbridge to Sunderland on the railbed on Dec. 19th. 1st time I ever rode in Durham Region before Christmas.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Keep the sled and buy an ATV, winter will come but for how long and how much snow is anyones guess. Some years are better then others, you pay the price and take your chances, it's just the way it is, and this year will be short. With the investment in cloths, hemets, sled, trailer, passes etc, I can't get out, it's worth more to have it when I need it. But it is disappointing... :banghead:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.