Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been gone from the forum for a while, looks like alot has went on while I was away. I was in San Diego, LA, & Palm Springs, CA for a week then a few days back home to catch up at work & get the sled ready before heading up to Ontario.

Some psycho trip data from Ontario:
7 days of riding for 2500 miles
350 miles per day average for trip
701.9 miles in one day of riding
1000+ miles in two days (700+,300+)
1800+ miles in four days (700+, 300+, 400+, 400+)
0 sled problems with my F7

4031.5 miles on my F7 for the year in 13 days of riding = 310 miles per day average for the year!
Unfortunately, I'm done for the year. :(

Original Plugs, Belt, Hyfax, Carbides....The sled was Perfect all Year!

Great sled, great sledding. It's nice to be with all the other mileage psychos here at Hardcore!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tim: How long did it take you to ride the 700 miles. Awsome deal.... Heard about it today at FastCity. Are you going to trade for 04? Glad you had a good year. g.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We started at 4:30am & finished at midnight. We went from Hearst, ON to Kirkland Lake, ON and back (about 620 miles), then we rode from Hearst 3/4 of the way to mooseland & back for the last 80 miles. We had about 14-1/2 hours actual riding time, the rest being for gas, food, etc. Had to spend more time than we wanted warming up since it was -35C we we started and -30C when we finished. One of the sleds in our group was a edge X 800 that got horrible milage. Otherwise, the trails that far north are flat out. It was an awesome day. We were actually gunning for 600, but it came fairly easy so we went for seven hundred! If I can figure out how to shrink the size of a picture, I'll post it.

I would love to trade this year, but don't know if I can swing it. I'm trying to save for building a garage this year yet. May have to wait for a 2005.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How's it goin' fellow Iowan!! I'm from Lake Park, by the Okoboji area. What was your best gas milage you got with your F7. Thinkn' about getting one next year. It will be a 03' with some custom mods of course.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
YOU DA MAN! Most I ever did in one day was 350. I was pretty beat. Of cousre, I'm 10 years older than you. Being in your 40's sucks. You must have ridden on excellent snow this year if you were still on the original hyfax & carbides!

·
Registered
47 Posts
tgrissel,

Glad your back and had some great miles. By the way, while you were gone, you missed 7" of just about our only measurable snowfall this year. It provided good riding for a few days, the Coralville Reservoir/Lake McBride was excellent.

Don't put your sled away yet, several of us are heading to Laramie, WY on March 26th - 30th. Sounds like they are getting new snow by the foot this week! Your welcome to join us if interested.

Jeff W. - Coralville

1 - 10 of 10 Posts