Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,097 Posts
I bought a 22 Vr1 850 at the end of this season. How many iGrips can you install in a 137 Storm track ? I purchased a pack of 200 STR24 24mm iGrips and some OEM tunnel protectors - Also did I buy the correct size iGrips or should I have gotten the longer tips ones ? This is my first time using them as I have always studded my sleds in the past - wanted to give them a try . Thanks
This link has a large table of CAMSO tracks that either come as an option, or will fit newer Polaris sleds. The ICE Storm and ICE Cobra tracks show the number of studs installed from the CAMSO factory. That number of lug studs can be installed in the non-ICE Storm 1.5 or Cobra 1.6 tracks. Many have been able to install more lug studs than that.

MY22 Track options chart post#1

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thank You Sir - This really helps and is exactly what I was looking for . The Ice Storm 137 shows 144 Studs . I have 200 so I will go more aggressive . I see the Ice Ripper track has 256 lug studs and is a 1.25 lug track. I believe the 129 and 137 tracks have the same # of rows as well so I will probably go with 192-196 if I can fit them in safely . They offer a more aggressive style iGrip stud as well but I went with what they recommended and will just add 48 more the Ice Storm offers. It should hook up better and stopping is my main concern . I appreciate the info (y)

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Thank You Sir - This really helps and is exactly what I was looking for . The Ice Storm 137 shows 144 Studs . I have 200 so I will go more aggressive . I see the Ice Ripper track has 256 lug studs and is a 1.25 lug track. I believe the 129 and 137 tracks have the same # of rows as well so I will probably go with 192-196 if I can fit them in safely . They offer a more aggressive style iGrip stud as well but I went with what they recommended and will just add 48 more the Ice Storm offers. It should hook up better and stopping is my main concern . I appreciate the info (y)
The storm takes 2 different length studs. Center of track is 1.5” and outer bands are 1.25”. I’m not sure where you would be able to add more studs but maybe? I have a storm track with igrips installed setting on showroom floor, I will send a couple pictures.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts