Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it aint to hard to steal most sleds BUT when i was installing my cord for a heated visor, i noticed the 2 lil wires on the ignition...... pulled them off, started without the key!!!!

god damn that sucks, now i worry about my baby each night

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
No no, I have a better idea. Get a Yamaha cover with RX-1 on it and custom letters saying "700 pounds of pure monster!" Trust me, it'll be there in the morning.

Gotta give the Yammy guys a hard time if there are any looking.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Originally posted by alleycat@Dec 28 2002, 07:33 PM
put a ski-doo cover on it.........it'l still be there in the morning :lol: :p
Because the ski-doo have DESS ??? ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
It is always best to have a hidden switch elsewhere under the hood or someplace out of the way. If I tell you more I will have to kill you so just think about it for a minute.
Most sleds will start just by unplugging the headlight. I don't know about my new F7SP.
You are right on your first line about how easy they are to steal, it is the little things that count, like making it difficult to start right off or a stolen sled that won't start.
Evil

·
Registered
289 Posts
Perhaps they all suffer the dreaded "honesty deficit disorder syndrome". I would think so, based on the fact they ride those machines with no bags on their heads. Or did Bombi make the drivers head bag a standard instead of an option this year.
ROFLMAO!!!
Evil

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If you have insurance... dont worry about it. I wanted an excuse to get the late release f8 any way. :D :lol: :p

·
Registered
237 Posts
From what I hear they just pick it up and put it in a pick up truck. They don't need to start it up. If they take it to a
shop and try to start it , it won't take them long to find
what you did to keep it from starting up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Jan 2 2003, 09:02 AM
Yeah, but what about these?
boltcutters work good on chains, but they are no match for my Kryptonite lock. It is made up of lots of small wires and just crushes out of shape with boltcutters.

Plus those things are a little obvious to be walking around with ;)

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Rob's right, bolt cutters will not go through a steel cable. I use a 30' steel cable to lock up my machines at night.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Jay@Jan 2 2003, 12:46 PM
Rob's right, bolt cutters will not go through a steel cable. I use a 30' steel cable to lock up my machines at night.
That's good news...I had heard the opposite. Looks like a purchase is in order. I also liked the padlock in the brake idea...Marc

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the padlock on the break, but what happens when they start it and hammer the throttle to take off? What will it look like under you hood then? I think I would rather them steal it clean than have it back all torn apart!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts