Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out the purpose of this thing? I have an 07 chassis with an Ultra ignition and am not running one. I'm thinking it's 440 cdi only. Is that what the small plug with blk/w wires and yellow w/connector is for by the right footwell behind the brake?
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
The '06 & '07 440 Ignition Regulator was mounted next to and on the same bracket as the CDI (between the CDI and the Brake Caliper). It has 4 wires coming out of it going into two plugs. Those wires/plugs are assorted like this: Brown and Red in one plug. Yellow/Red and Yellow/Red in the other plug.

The 440 Ignition regulator is called a Rectifier/Regulator on the schematic. I believe one thing it is used for is to send the proper voltage to the Exhaust Valve Solenoids but that may not be accurate or all it does. The earlier 440's did not have this Rectifier/Regulator yet they still have the solenoids.

I am not sure which wires you're speaking of that are behind the brake. The yellow wire with the round white connector is a power wire that can be used to power accessories like lights and hand warmers.

The black/white wire with a round white connector is the wire that ties all your kill switches and chassis ground to the CDI to kill the motor.

This may not be what you are asking but thought I would try.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The '06 & '07 440 Ignition Regulator was mounted next to and on the same bracket as the CDI (between the CDI and the Brake Caliper). It has 4 wires coming out of it going into two plugs. Those wires/plugs are assorted like this: Brown and Red in one plug. Yellow/Red and Yellow/Red in the other plug.

The 440 Ignition regulator is called a Rectifier/Regulator on the schematic. I believe one thing it is used for is to send the proper voltage to the Exhaust Valve Solenoids but that may not be accurate or all it does. The earlier 440's did not have this Rectifier/Regulator yet they still have the solenoids.
I am not sure which wires you're speaking of that are behind the brake. The yellow wire with the round white connector is a power wire that can be used to power accessories like lights and hand warmers.

The black/white wire with a round white connector is the wire that ties all your kill switches and chassis ground to the CDI to kill the motor.

This may not be what you are asking but thought I would try.[/b]
EXACTLY what I was asking.
Thanks Tom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts