Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were buying a new sled what would it be?

I am on a sno pro 440 now and love it but I'm looking for more of a trail/performance sled. I'm partial to the Rev 600 SDI's but would like the reliability of a 4 stroke, maybe a Phazer or Apex.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i think those sleds are more extreme than what hes looking for. the rev 600sdi would be great for you man. very reliable, fuel eficient, still smells amazing and has that 2 stroke sound i know you want. whats not to love? oh and did i forget to mention its all in the best chassis in the sport? lol
what year is your sno pro 440?

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you are looking Doo then for sure go with the 600sdi in any form, the fuel economy and performance is really good with that unit. If you want to spend some time with them they can really come out of there shell performance wise too. Not sure if I am convinced to stay short track with anything for any reason anymore too, the Renegade 600sdi was a great choice for me, and if you want to dabble in the mountains once a year a 2" x 136 is all you need. Four stroke? Not really what I call good use of technology, the trade off in weight is too great IMO, the PHazer is moving in the right direction for sure, but take a look at the Fourstrokes from Cat and Polaris, they are tanks, no matter how you argue it an additional 40+ lbs on any sled is not going to be good, the dame things are already proud to be anything under 500 never mind any more. I think if Yami came out with a big brother to the phazer, with a proper width of track and a 136 with say 140hp is the 515-525lb range they would be on the right track. If the other manufacturers can do something similar with a 4 stroke I would go there but I don't see anything on the horizon. The idea of a 4stroke is great but implementing that concept is tuff.

If you were buying a new sled what would it be?

I am on a sno pro 440 now and love it but I'm looking for more of a trail/performance sled. I'm partial to the Rev 600 SDI's but would like the reliability of a 4 stroke, maybe a Phazer or Apex.[/b]

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
If its doo 600 sdi, poo clean fire 600 ho, and yamaha attak. if your not planing on jumping the attak it awsome handles good and well i just love that sled for trail riding.

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
Polaris 600 H.O. Cleanfire gets 16 mpg, same as Ski-Doo 600. Both are a good choice. IMO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I was going to a 4 stroke I would keep the '02 Sno Pro 440 for playing around, but with the rev I wouldn't need to keep it. I think the 600 SDI is a great all around sled. I'm glad you guys think the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2007 I/Q 600 CleanFire...(220 miles on mine so far)... Why?
Excellent suspension & handling... I ride with 4 Rev's - Same fuel mileage...
On the Poo... Better guage package & better lights with the optional center light kit...
after that find yourself a good local dealer to support you needs!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Easy maintenance?? Who are you trying to kid, yeah I understand because you have one you are supposed to tout all the good aspects of it to justify your expenditure but don't try and tell me that 4 strokes are easier when it comes to maintenance, when is the last time you adjusted the valves on even a single cylinder multi-valve 4 stroke, the current four strokes are high tech and that’s great but with that comes high tolerances to get the performance and with performance comes high stresses, stuff its going to fail eventually and there will be big dollar maintenance issues down the road....changing out cams and valves in your new Z1 is not something you pull up a wheelie stool and do in your un-insulated garage on a Friday night just before your holidays. JMHO.

And as far as high priced oil for the SDI....check with all the dealers, I highly doubt you will find any low priced oil anywhere out there from the OEMs and yeah I know your argument will be there are aftermarket oils for way cheaper....go ahead and run them in your sled just don't ask me to run them in mine.

Two cents? Thats more like a buck and a half.

One word JAGUAR Z1

it's a great trail sled with plenty of get up and go. 4 strock so its easy maintence :celebrating:[/b]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.