Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than recalls, if you could change one thing about your Firecat, what would it be (seriously now....)

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have about 155 miles right now. i'm adding 102 picks,thats the only change i will have done to this point. i absolutely love my f5.

·
Registered
341 Posts
146 miles. I like it to be even lighter and more powerful, which is what I'm going to try and work on. And of course lose some weight myself...

·
Registered
622 Posts
I put C&A pro race skis on it to enhance the front end bite. 6 inch Bottomlines w/o studs. We will see how it goes after I get to ride it again.... 180 miles so far.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
230 miles. The F-5 is the most fun I have ever had with My pants on!!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't change a thing!

·
Registered
516 Posts
265 miles the sled rocks. Putting 102 studs and 8" carbides. The only things that I would change are the hand and thumb warmer controls are hard to adjust while riding and the backlight on the speedo is a wee bit dark.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think it would be traction on boards, hand and thumb warmer controls, and, I hate to say it , a little less transfer. Just a few picky things, but really like the sled.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
280 miles-I've bottomed the center shock a few times so I'm going to try the highest coupling setting to see if that helps. I hate to lose that ski lift though. If that doesn't work then I guess I will have to change to the heavier springs (I weigh 220) and I would like a larger storage space in the back. Other than that-I wouldn't change a thing. Oh yeah-except for all of that yellow writing on the thing-I would of like to see a graphics package available that used traditional Cat colors-a black sled with purple and green flame graphics would have been sweet!

·
Registered
120 Posts
222 miles on the F7 standard. Runs strong, suspension is plush, but bottomed several times on 2-3ft bumps.
On faster trails, the beast loves the woods. Yes, it pushes in the corners..... :eek: Does not handle like my 97 ZR440 with coupling blocks.
I have 6" Bergstrom Skeg, tighten the front springs almost to the max. no relief.

I have shortened the limiter strap ~ 1" so this weekend will tell. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
514 Posts
the location of the handwarmer controls. I'm glad I got the sno-pro suspension, as I hear some other owners are finding the standard too soft.

168 miles so far on the Team Arctic Red F5 sno-pro :blink:

·
Registered
861 Posts
249.8 Miles on the F7 SnoPro. I love the power, hate the back end going airborne. 144 Megabites going on next weekend, and the Flair holes in the running boards for better traction.

Kevin

·
Registered
348 Posts
My black F7 SnoProsled absolutly rocks! It is the fastest, best handling sled I've ever ridden! To make it even better I'm making the following changes next week. 153 X 1.45" picks and 8" shapers, AC running board grips (yellow heat exchanger protector with gnarly grips), footwells drilled and flared, windshield bags, mirrors (cause thats where everyone will be), and (don't laugh) a reverse kit to protect my back!
The suspension is perfect for me at 190 #s. It sucks up bumps and transitions far better than my 2001 ZR600 with clickers and hd springs.
I LOVE THIS SLED! :D :wub:

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have 300 miles on f-7 sp, running 102 double diggers , usi px skis with 9" carbides.
this sled is awesome ,no problems and no complaints.

·
Registered
593 Posts
250 miles, not a problem. if i could change any thing it would be just the calibration of the suspension, and better carbides and studs

1 - 20 of 26 Posts